PDA

View Full Version : 12v center feed issues

bushrat
11-02-2016, 04:18 PM
I have one of the Cabela's 12v in 204 Ruger and I like it a bunch. The only down side is the center feed is a pain to load. At the bench or out hunting PDs it is difficult to get the rounds in without moving the rifle and looking. The rounds also go in hard. Looking for advice, solutions ,or single shot adoter? Blind magazine so that limits me.

hereinaz
11-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Single shot adapter for the applications you gave. Could try tweaking the feed lips, but that is playing with fire...

RatMag
11-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Sorry, but I have to ask... are you loading the rounds straight down? I only ask, due to my encounter with a Savage guy at the range... long story. Anyways, you can place a piece of wood or plastic in between the feed lips of the magazine, and open it up slightly. There isn't a lot of spring pressure on the 204/223 magazine, so opening it up slightly will definitely help it feed better. Just don't over do it!!

DK

Zero333
11-03-2016, 08:41 AM
I find savage rifles need the cartridges to be fed from the magazines with authority. Slow is a no-go. Fast is the best.

No matter what magazine system, factory or aics. Faster is always smoother.

Roach68
11-03-2016, 02:22 PM
I have an AICs mag setup on my model 12 and still prefer a single shot setup while target shooting or doing load development

bushrat
11-05-2016, 12:20 AM
I misstated my problem. I have problems loading the rounds into the magazine.

foxx
11-05-2016, 12:40 AM
remove the magazine from the stock and place something plastic or wood between the lips so they open up a bit, then gently squeeze the sides of the mag in a vise. Not too much, just enough to open those lips a bit when all is removed. If done just right, it will be easier to load. If you open them up too much, you'll have to lay it on its side and beet the lips a bit with a hard rubber hammer or something to tighten them p again. In any event, they can be tweaked a bit so as to allow smoother loading and feeding, no mater what the problem is.