PDA

View Full Version : New Member and Proud New Savage owner

OkieOutlaw
09-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Been lurking here awhile and reading about Savage and Stevens rifles. While out shopping for a new Stevens 200 I happened to meet with a guy that informed me that he had a Savage 223 rifle for sale if I was interested. I told him to bring it to work and I would look at it. Imagine my surprize when I opened the hard case it was in and there laid a pristine Savage Model 11 complete with Simmons 3x9x40 Prosport scope. I asked what he had to have for the rifle and almost fell over when he priced it at 400 bucks with two boxes of rem 55 grn corelocked shells. Man this thing was pristine and looked new. I told him I had to try it out and would let him know today one way or the other. I took it down to my range and fired three shots of Fed 55 grn FMG at a target 50 yds away and was not too surprized to find all three shots into one ragged hole that could be covered with a dime. ;D Needless to say I paid his price and am now the proud new owner of this great shooting rifle. The coyotes better watch out now. :D Will try to post some pics when I figure out how to do it.

WidowHunter
09-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Congrats on your Savage purchase!!

dfrosch
09-24-2009, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the forum Okie. Be sure to post some pics of the unlucky coyotes with your rifle.

Dana

Corprin
09-24-2009, 10:02 PM
This thread is worthless without pics!

stevec
09-24-2009, 10:28 PM
Welcome fellow okie. lots of good folks here!

Steve

GaCop
09-25-2009, 06:26 AM
Your hooked now.............Savages are like potatoe chips. Welcome aboard. Become a paid member ($12/yr) and you can access the for sale section and technical articles, well worth the money.

OkieOutlaw
09-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Hopefully these pics will post.[img]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Been lurking here awhile and reading about Savage and Stevens rifles. While out shopping for a new Stevens 200 I happened to meet with a guy that informed me that he had a Savage 223 rifle for sale if I was interested. I told him to bring it to work and I would look at it. Imagine my surprize when I opened the hard case it was in and there laid a pristine Savage Model 11 complete with Simmons 3x9x40 Prosport scope. I asked what he had to have for the rifle and almost fell over when he priced it at 400 bucks with two boxes of rem 55 grn corelocked shells. Man this thing was pristine and looked new. I told him I had to try it out and would let him know today one way or the other. I took it down to my range and fired three shots of Fed 55 grn FMG at a target 50 yds away and was not too surprized to find all three shots into one ragged hole that could be covered with a dime. Needless to say I paid his price and am now the proud new owner of this great shooting rifle. The coyotes better watch out now. Will try to post some pics when I figure out how to do it.

OkieOutlaw
09-25-2009, 02:31 PM
One more time trying to post a pic.

Corprin
09-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Try the code as follows without spaces;

[ img ] http://www.link.com/image.jpg [ /img ]

Hopefully these pics will post.[img]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Been lurking here awhile and reading about Savage and Stevens rifles. While out shopping for a new Stevens 200 I happened to meet with a guy that informed me that he had a Savage 223 rifle for sale if I was interested. I told him to bring it to work and I would look at it. Imagine my surprize when I opened the hard case it was in and there laid a pristine Savage Model 11 complete with Simmons 3x9x40 Prosport scope. I asked what he had to have for the rifle and almost fell over when he priced it at 400 bucks with two boxes of rem 55 grn corelocked shells. Man this thing was pristine and looked new. I told him I had to try it out and would let him know today one way or the other. I took it down to my range and fired three shots of Fed 55 grn FMG at a target 50 yds away and was not too surprized to find all three shots into one ragged hole that could be covered with a dime. Needless to say I paid his price and am now the proud new owner of this great shooting rifle. The coyotes better watch out now. Will try to post some pics when I figure out how to do it.

dfrosch
09-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Okie,

Here's some instructions for posting pics.

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,3598.0.html

OkieOutlaw
09-25-2009, 03:52 PM
One more attempt ???http://yfrog.com/0rsagagemodel11j

OkieOutlaw
09-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Dang this is complicated. Why cant we upload straight from computer?http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5395/sagagemodel11.jpg

OkieOutlaw
09-25-2009, 03:57 PM
Yippee!!! I finally got it to work. This is my new varmint sniper. She is now putting 5 shots into a group I can easily cover with a dime at 50 yds. I think she just became my new truck gun.

Corprin
09-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Dang this is complicated. Why cant we upload straight from computer?

That would drastically increase the bandwidth required to keep this website up. By using the [xxx] codes, you are using our hosting site's bandwidth, which saves our host here some money.

BrentWin
09-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Welcome to the darkside. The extrance to Purgatory can be found in the classified section

new barrels, actions, stocks, it's a never ending vortex of temptation. ;)