PDA

View Full Version : New Savage owner from Maryland

ToolAA
10-30-2016, 06:36 PM
We'll I've been following you guys for a few months trying to learn about Savage owners experiences. I found this site by accident while researching building my own wifi target cam.

Today I picked up an Axis II 6.5 CM from the York PA gun show.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161030/071f91f144571b9ffb989de11cbf1ac9.jpg

Here it is with a Leupold VX6 scope.

If I had my target frame in the car I would have driven straight to the range, but that will have to wait until next week I guess. If my plans work out I'll be testing this baby out at 300yds.

Looking forward to joining your discussions. Oh I'll find that old target cam thread and post my progress there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drybean
10-30-2016, 07:16 PM
Welcome aboard

Rick_W
10-30-2016, 08:00 PM
Welcome

Texas Solo
10-31-2016, 05:58 PM
Where a bouts in Md? I lived there for 45 years before retiring and moving to Texas. It's a beautiful state, but I hated the politics.

ToolAA
10-31-2016, 06:08 PM
Where a bouts in Md? I lived there for 45 years before retiring and moving to Texas. It's a beautiful state, but I hated the politics.

Politics are worse now.

Im in Ellicott City. It is beautiful but I'm starting to dream about moving to Georgia or NC some day.

I had spent quite a bit of time in Macallen TX bout 10ys ago with my previous job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Solo
10-31-2016, 08:02 PM
I'm on the outskirts of San Antonio. Close enough to the city for shopping, Dr's, etc, but far enough away to enjoy why I came here.
When I was in Md, I last lived in Mechanicsville (St Mary's Co) for 17 years. Used to love having to stop the truck for the Amish with the horse buggies :)
My wife grew to hate the East Coast winters, I wanted better politics, so Texas was just right for us upon retirement. Been here 10 years now.
Affordable housing, conservative, and warm all year.

Your Axis II is a great rifle for the $$$. I use Savage #12 actions and build my F Class rifles. I shoot mid range (600yd) matches each month.

ragsflh
11-01-2016, 09:02 AM
howdy

ToolAA
11-01-2016, 09:05 PM
I'm on the outskirts of San Antonio. Close enough to the city for shopping, Dr's, etc, but far enough away to enjoy why I came here.
When I was in Md, I last lived in Mechanicsville (St Mary's Co) for 17 years. Used to love having to stop the truck for the Amish with the horse buggies :)
My wife grew to hate the East Coast winters, I wanted better politics, so Texas was just right for us upon retirement. Been here 10 years now.
Affordable housing, conservative, and warm all year.

Your Axis II is a great rifle for the $$$. I use Savage #12 actions and build my F Class rifles. I shoot mid range (600yd) matches each month.

I like Mechanicsville I've done construction work in that area it's about 2hrs from Ellicott City.

I'm jealous of the fact that you can shoot 600yd matches. I joined a High Power Rifle team earlier this year shooting service rifles. I'm hooked. The sad thing is our range is only 200yds. I'm looking to join a club at Ft. Meade which does allow shooting at their 600yd range a few times a year.

Good Luck in Texas. Don't let the state go Blue next Tuesday.

ragsflh
11-02-2016, 06:01 AM
howdy

Texas Solo
11-03-2016, 04:22 PM
I like Mechanicsville I've done construction work in that area it's about 2hrs from Ellicott City.

I'm jealous of the fact that you can shoot 600yd matches. I joined a High Power Rifle team earlier this year shooting service rifles. I'm hooked. The sad thing is our range is only 200yds. I'm looking to join a club at Ft. Meade which does allow shooting at their 600yd range a few times a year.

Good Luck in Texas. Don't let the state go Blue next Tuesday.

Good God son, I grew up in Bowie, lived in Crofton when first married. While in Crofton, I used to bow hunt Ft Meade. Still have friends there, one of whom works for NSA @ Ft Meade. Enjoy my old stompin grounds my friend.

As far as Texas going blue....then I'd move to Tn. Besides, it can't happen....I voted twice :)

B52buff
11-05-2016, 07:22 PM
Welcome from NE Michigan.

Hotolds442
11-20-2016, 05:18 PM
Welcome!