PDA

View Full Version : Savage 99: I need to find out what a model 99 might be worth

Deserthunter
08-06-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm not sure where to start. My friend passed away a couple of weeks ago and left a number of rifles and shotguns.

His widow has asked me to sell them. One of the rifles is a Model 99 lever action chambered in 300 Savage. It hasn't been taken care of very well and is missing the screw that holds the forearm to the rifle. The serial number is 627xxx...... Bluing is about 65%... Where do I start to find out what it might be worth and the year of manufacture? I'll post some pics if that will help....

Thanks
Desert
Mike

EFBell
08-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Shoot a pm to Mad dog. He can probably help with the date and value. I would say for the condition you describe it may not be worth a whole heck of a lot but it might just make a fine platform for a restore job.

Mad Dog
08-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Sounds like it's a 99EG, the most common of all the 99s in 300 Sav. There kind of like the Win 94 in 30-30, lots of them out there. 65% your probably looking at a $400 gun, give or take depending on what part of the U.S. it's in. Some places if they're hard to find you'll get a bit more.

Deserthunter
08-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Thanks, I wasn't sure what it might be worth.... I'll pass it on to her.... If she wants me to handle the sale, does she first have to sell it to me? Or does she have to register (on, say, GunBroker, since she's not a member here?) to sell the rifle? I don't want to do anything wrong!

Thanks, Again
Mike

hairtrigger
08-22-2010, 05:44 PM
Another thing to look at is the stock at the rear of the tang, cracks are not uncommon