PDA

View Full Version : Model 11/ 14 stock fitment

7887mm08
10-29-2016, 08:59 PM
So I recently picked up a model 11 to use as a donor. I want to stock it with wood.
On the Numrich website they offer model 14 stocks center feed. They state that the action bolt spacing is 4.475"
I thought 4.40" was the common spacing. So my question is will this stock fit or is the model 14 different?
Thanks for any in-site Gary

foxx
10-29-2016, 09:05 PM
Yes. those are right. 4.4xxx is center feed.

Stagger feed is shorter than 4.4xxx

7887mm08
10-30-2016, 06:00 AM
Well thanks again Foxx. This is my first savage build and savage isn't making it easy but GOOD folks like you do!

foxx
10-30-2016, 09:15 AM
Savages are easy to work on, tough to figure out/explain their parts variations. :)

once you know their "weirdness" with parts and design changes, it gets pretty easy. Spend a short while looking thru the FAQ's here and you will gain a ton of info, pretty much all anyone will ever need to know about "what fits what", etc. Don't expect them to be rational, either. That will just confound you. I mean, it all makes sense to me now that I "get it", but they made changes over the years that made sense and some that did not. They also had money problems so they would often build guns that used older style parts on newer styled guns. (Used up old parts wherever possible during transition periods) But, the funny thing is, they are STILL doing that.