PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: A New Mk II BTVLS Range report

Cycler
08-06-2010, 01:11 PM
I picked up my new Mk II BTVLS a couple of days ago. (Decoding Savages involved model designations, this is the MkII .22LR, stainless, heavy barrel, laminated thumbhole stock, left handed.)

I installed a Nikon Prostaff 2-7x32 scope and took it to the range today using CCI Blazer and Wolf Match Extra target ammo. I sighted it in at 25 yards and the groups with Blazer were such small bugholes there was no point in wasting the Wolf ammo.

I then went back to 55 yards/50M (the longest rimfire/pistol range we have at this club) ang the Blazer produced a 1/2" group while the Wolf shot 3/8" and 5/16" groups. I think I'll keep this rifle.

King Ghidora
08-15-2010, 12:39 AM
That's typical for these rifles. I think I'll keep all my Savage rifles to be honest. They all shoot like that or better. Savage is the bees knees if you ask me. :) Congrats on scoring a nice rifle. I do wish mine was stainless but blue is nice too.

FallingCrows
09-09-2010, 08:01 PM
This is good to hear. My next purchase will be that same one (and in left hand)

I have the 93GL and it shoot dime size groups with v-tip Remington & hornady bullets.

Ya can't beat Savage & accuracy & price

WV Rimfire
09-14-2010, 10:05 AM
I have two BTVLs. Both are great shooters and I could not be happier with them. The more you shoot them the better they get!