PDA

View Full Version : Model 11 trophy predator hunter .243...stock or magazine issue?

navistar82
10-23-2016, 10:10 PM
I recently purchased a new 11 TPH in .243. I've shot it a few times and don't like how the magazine fits in the stock. I have to use my thumbs to engage the magazine into the stock, sometimes it has issue feeding into chamber too.. Is this a stock issue or a magazine issue? I've owned other savages in the past but they were internal magazine.
If its a stock issue, are there any aftermarket ones for it? It has the bolt release button in front of the trigger guard.

Thanks for any input.

Zero333
10-24-2016, 02:00 AM
Insert rear of the magazine first, then click the front in. Otherwise it will not align properly.

I have many Savage rifles with stock magazines and never had a single issue. I don't like the new stocks where they get rid of the bottom metal and the magazine snaps into the stock instead, but they work just fine anyhow.

navistar82
10-24-2016, 07:09 AM
Insert rear of the magazine first, then click the front in. Otherwise it will not align properly.

I've tried that and while it engages a little better it's still nothing to write home about. Takes one thumb with a great deal of pressure vs two thumbs by loading it straight in the receiver.

Thanks

FiveInADime
10-24-2016, 09:52 AM
I've tried that and while it engages a little better it's still nothing to write home about. Takes one thumb with a great deal of pressure vs two thumbs by loading it straight in the receiver.

Thanks
Try another magazine. Go to the store with your rifle and try the magazine from another .243/.308 AXIS if they'll let you.

My 11 TPH magazine snaps in easy enough and feeds flawlessly. I do always cycle the bolt firmly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

navistar82
10-24-2016, 05:57 PM
Ok, I'll see if someone has one in stock. Thanks

RatMag
11-02-2016, 07:38 PM
You can also try only inserting the magazine, with the bolt in the open position. With a full 4 rounds in the magazine, there is sometimes quite a bit of resistance to seating the magazine.

DK

Zero333
11-03-2016, 07:59 AM
You can also try only inserting the magazine, with the bolt in the open position. With a full 4 rounds in the magazine, there is sometimes quite a bit of resistance to seating the magazine.

DK

SO true ! Bolt open makes things way easier.