PDA

View Full Version : Extended my 6.5-06 bolt handle.

jsund3
10-21-2016, 09:14 PM
Wanted to share a quick and cheap bolt handle extension I did on my 6.5-06 build. It added about 2 inches to the handle. I drilled and tapped the handle with a 5/16 bolt. super glued the threads and double nutted it in place. Dremelled some slots around the bolt knob so the bondo had more contact area. Made a mold form from a yogurt container then mixed bondo with metal and filled the mold making sure to work any air out as it filled. Let it cure, sanded to shape and painted.
I had all the stuff to do it so it didn't cost anything. I used it in a precision rifle match on a miserable cold rainy day and it worked great. It helped immensely with extraction and clearing the scope, my loads are running about 3000fps. John

airb080
10-21-2016, 09:49 PM
Nice, how much hang out do you have, do you need to remove the bolt to fit in the safe?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Anschutz
10-22-2016, 04:05 AM
Very nice. I did a similar thing on an anschutz but just used some sort of brass I had on hand and two nuts. It didn't come out nearly as nice.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jsund3
10-22-2016, 10:33 AM
Thanks, haven't had any trouble getting in the safe, I do take the bolt out when I put in the hard case when transporting. I never measured the hang out, I'll have to.
John