PDA

View Full Version : how is everyone doing so far ?

swamphonkey
10-21-2016, 08:49 PM
I was wanting to know how the deer hunting across the country has been for everyone so far. In south west Alabama it's actually been a pretty good first week of bow season. Everyone is seeing a lot of game in day light and the Bucks are getting up right before dark as usual but still giving opportunity. The last 3 hunts I've seen 3 shooter bucks and took a cull. Lots of does and of course Plenty of Bear and one is very nice which we can't shoot. And lots of pork. How's the rest of the states fairing?

big honkin jeep
10-21-2016, 10:08 PM
Ga. rifle season opens in the AM. NW Ga. is in extreme drought but there are a lot of acorns. We'll see what happens.

I usually try to make it over near Eutaw around the 1st of Jan to hunt with family for the rut.

243LPR
10-22-2016, 05:48 PM
Archery has been in here in Pa since beginning of October,no luck so far w/the bow. However early muzzleloader came in last Saturday and it took me until 8am today to fill a doe tag.Today is the last day of the early season so starting Monday it's back to the bow. Still have 2 tags to fill and the bucks are starting to get interested in the does. I love this time of year!
Update 11/5- connected on a nice 6 pt at 7:45 this morning with the bow at 12 yds. He came in to my rattling and took a G5 T3 to both lungs,watched him pile up within 30 yds. Dressed out at 140lbs. Love it when a plan comes together. No freezing for me in rifle season this year!

moecarama
10-22-2016, 09:32 PM
We finally got a cold front this weekend in Tennessee. I took a doe yesterday evening and one this morning. The bucks are moving late in the evening.

moecarama
10-22-2016, 09:33 PM
We finally got a cold front this weekend in Tennessee. I took a doe yesterday evening and one this morning with a bow. The bucks are moving late in the evening.

bigger
10-24-2016, 11:27 AM
Here in Wyoming, deer have been good. Entire family tagged out by day 3 (9 bucks, 1 doe). Bucks only with general tag, I had an additional doe tag.

yobuck
10-24-2016, 04:00 PM
Here in Wyoming, deer have been good. Entire family tagged out by day 3 (9 bucks, 1 doe). Bucks only with general tag, I had an additional doe tag.

Just assuming that was on private land?

bigger
10-24-2016, 07:07 PM
Just assuming that was on private land?

Yes, private land.

762Armo
10-24-2016, 10:59 PM
Seen pretty good reports coming out of WA. I was lucky enough to get a 4x4 muley.

Londerko
10-25-2016, 01:43 PM
Got a nice 4pt Muley in Eastern Oregon with my home built savage 300WM

swamphonkey
10-25-2016, 08:24 PM
Well I went to a public patch today just to see different woods. Seen 3 bucks none I wanted to drag 3 miles and 8 does. Could have stuck any of them. And I just got the "why didn't you shoot one" from the wife. Lol all she sees is empty space in the freezers. I seen a hurt back and a lost buck tag. We only get 3 bucks and I told myself my next 2 will be 5 yrs old or More and that's not behind every tree here. I met a young man at the parking lot tonight that was complaining he hasn't seen one deer this year. Lol the whole time he was just a smoking a cigarette. I asked him if he smoked in the woods. He said yeah that's a old wives tell smoking don't spook deer. Lol I said well good luck with that maybe you will kill a yearling that don't know what is on the other side of that smoke... I didn't tell him what I seen or where I hunted lol.