PDA

View Full Version : Replacing 300WM 700p & Sav 110FCP for Savage Stealth

CBryars2
10-21-2016, 03:04 PM
Replacing 300WM 700p & Sav 110FCP for Savage Stealth

Title sums it up, thinking about selling my Rem 700p 300WM & Savage 110 338 and replacing with Savage Stealth 300WM & 338.
My 6.5 Stealth shoots well and I like the Chassis. Getting Stealth is less expensive than buying chassis for existing after netting sale of existing rifles. Provides common platform and ergonomics.
Any thoughts?

Zero333
10-22-2016, 02:04 AM
Whatever makes you happy :biggrin-new:

There is nothing wrong with your idea.

I can count on one hand the number of things I have sold in my life. I'm a hoarder :distracted:

baseball2013
10-23-2016, 07:28 PM
My collection has gone the same direction over the past few years. Most of my rifles are Savage and most handguns I own are Glock. One negative that I recently experienced with my new FNS9 is that I tend to shoot is just a bit low.

Unless variety is important to you, I see it as a good move.

squirrel_slayer
10-24-2016, 01:37 PM
consistency is synonymous to accuracy. having a platform that is identical across the board will likely turn out good for you. I picked up a lot of bad habbits years back when I had a dozen different platforms. I started noticing I didn't shoot anything really good anymore compared to when I only owned a few guns that I shot all the time. I even took it to the point where I had multiple loads for each rifle. cost me a nice 3x3 muley! don't know what I was thinking. sighted the rifle in on a 105 a-max (.243) that was longer than mag length and kept 85gr tsx's in the gun. my theory was I'd slide in a 105 if I got a far shot and that the others shot close enough if a deer jumped out on me. well yeah. got a deer in the cross hairs and all that went out the window. shot was 393 yds and must have just grazed his belly. now I lean more towards commonality. and definitely 1 load per gun and learn it well.