PDA

View Full Version : Scope Covers

WeldNFool
10-18-2016, 02:17 PM
I have a Leupold Mark 4, 50mm, blah, blah. Great scope. The covers however, Leupold, not so great. I have a 338 Lapua with a 22" barrel, yeah, ouch. The problem is this. I go out to the range to abuse myself. Set everything up and send some rounds down range. After about 10-15 rounds the scope cover is sideways or, my favorite, laying next to me on the bench. Wondering if it's just not the nature of the beast, meaning the mule I'm laying behind that kicks the daylights out of me.

Anybody have experience with this and if so what scope covers would you recommend? I've looked a Butler Creek and look good and sizes seem more specific than others I have looked at.

Thank you for any input.

LoneWolf
10-18-2016, 02:55 PM
Get some Vortex Defender Flip Caps. They are very solid and will definitely hold for you!

huntin1
10-31-2016, 08:54 AM
I've been using the Butler Creeks for years on every thing from 22lr to 300WM. The only issue I've had is that lately a lot of scopes have the fast focus eyepiece and that cover will rotate occasionally.

Rob01
10-31-2016, 08:57 AM
Get some Vortex Defender Flip Caps. They are very solid and will definitely hold for you!

Big plus 1! I have broken more pairs of Butler Creeks than I care to remember and wouldn't waste any money on them. The Defenders are better made and even if you did happen to break one then it will be replaced by Vortex for free.