PDA

View Full Version : Show me your X-Caliber Palma Profile barrels on model 10 small shank

DenverDave
10-15-2016, 03:11 AM
I am considering upgrading to an aftermarket barrel. X-Caliber barrels are appealing as they offer Palma profiles while most prefits are only available in savage factory contours. I am interested to see what the Palma contours look like on an action with a small shank as the diameter of the barrel is thinker than that of the shank...

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanSavage
10-15-2016, 12:25 PM
What is the muzzle diameter of a Palma barrel? I assume probably 30" long?

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Robinhood
10-15-2016, 12:31 PM
Bartlein

Light Palma

Medium Palma

Heavy Palma

Whitley Med. Palma

Most other manufacturers have similar sizes

DenverDave
10-16-2016, 02:18 AM
I noticed Black Hole weaponry also makes Palma savage prefits. Would also be interested in seeing a photo of one of those...

Rosco
10-17-2016, 11:45 AM
I have a few Medium(.875) and Heavy(.90) Palmas and I will try to remember to get some pics up Wednesday. :)

LoneWolf
10-17-2016, 12:42 PM
This is a 25" heavy Palma XCaliber on my Mausingfield.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161017/7b673a903acf4885efae18caff29709a.jpg

nobody
10-18-2016, 09:37 AM
I noticed Black Hole weaponry also makes Palma savage prefits. Would also be interested in seeing a photo of one of those...

i had a black hole weaponry 3 groove polygonal barrel on a ar10. it shot great but it went south pretty fast. it didn't copper fowl bad at all. it was super easy to clean, but after about 1000 rounds it went from a 3/4 m.o.a. rifle to over m.o.a. when i puta borescope in it, the throat had grown a large amount. i started seating the bullets out further. it shot great again for awhile, then it started going south again. then next time i got it to shooting good, the bullets were to long for the magazine.

i am now scared to purchase another barrel from black hole weaponry. not to mention i ordered a 24 in heavy barrel unthreaded. after about a 8week wait i got a 24 inch heavy barrel that was threaded. i called them about it. i told them i didn't order a threaded barrel, but i was keepig it since i had already waited 8 weeks for it. they sent me a free muzzle brake for it.

that rifle has a new barrel on it now. i had to custom order a 26 inch barrel for it. it is now a 1/2 m.o.a. shooter that has over 2000 rounds down the pipe now. i sold it to a guy at work earlier this summer. he loves it.

DenverDave
10-19-2016, 02:29 AM
i had a black hole weaponry 3 groove polygonal barrel on a ar10. it shot great but it went south pretty fast. it didn't copper fowl bad at all. it was super easy to clean, but after about 1000 rounds it went from a 3/4 m.o.a. rifle to over m.o.a. when i puta borescope in it, the throat had grown a large amount. i started seating the bullets out further. it shot great again for awhile, then it started going south again. then next time i got it to shooting good, the bullets were to long for the magazine.

i am now scared to purchase another barrel from black hole weaponry. not to mention i ordered a 24 in heavy barrel unthreaded. after about a 8week wait i got a 24 inch heavy barrel that was threaded. i called them about it. i told them i didn't order a threaded barrel, but i was keepig it since i had already waited 8 weeks for it. they sent me a free muzzle brake for it.

that rifle has a new barrel on it now. i had to custom order a 26 inch barrel for it. it is now a 1/2 m.o.a. shooter that has over 2000 rounds down the pipe now. i sold it to a guy at work earlier this summer. he loves it.

Thanks for your reply. I have a BHW .264 LBC barrel. It's the most accurate rifle I have ever had. Groups around .3 with factory 123gr A-Max. Round count is low so I can't speak it it's longevity. I appreciate the input.

s3silver
11-24-2016, 07:27 PM

That's not good. I just purchased a BHW barrel chambered in 6.5 Grendel. I've only had it out once so far and it shot great with factory Hornady 123 amax. Hope it doesn't wear out like the one you had. Fingers crossed.

Mountain Man
12-21-2016, 11:14 PM
Heavy Palma 260R w/ my home spun brake:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e120/MountainMan83864/Sav260_zpschqz2p3o.jpg