PDA

View Full Version : Newbe here

1winnen
10-12-2016, 10:01 AM
Hi all. I am looking at buying a Savage axis in .308 and have a question. I'm looking at either the Axis XP with a standard trigger or Axis II XP with the AccuTrigger. My question is this. Between the 2 is the extra price for the II wonth it? I have done some reviews any some say that the standard trigger can be modified to lighten the trigger pull and others have said that there are a few issues with the AccuTrigger. Please give me your opinions. Thanks

wbm
10-12-2016, 10:19 AM
Whether it is worth the extra I guess depends on how much price difference there is. I have always bought the Axis with standard triggers and modified them. Personally, my next Axis will be an Axis II XP Hardwood. Budsgunshop has the Axis II XP Hardwood for $380-410. That is well worth the price difference to me. Gotta tell you though, light Axis sporters in calibers greater than .243 will most definitely get your shoulder's attention shortly after ignition.

DrThunder88
10-13-2016, 07:10 PM
wbm nailed it. Looking at Bud's Gun Shop, I see an Axis XP and an Axis II XP for $314 and $372 respectively. The $58 difference is below the cost of a Rifle Basix SAV-1 but significantly higher than a shim job (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJijTbWe2wA&list=PL6mstF7_2-gm3WnoBZZ1QLpjIeoFWXqg9&index=3).