PDA

View Full Version : Another New Old Guy from The Left Coast

99th Savage
10-11-2016, 10:09 PM
First opportunity to say hello to other Savage Shooters, and it's a pleasure for sure. For years I've seen and admired the Savage 99, on the walls of gunshops here and there. It was actually my loving wife that connected me with My Savage 99. It's chambered fore the 300 Savage cartridge, and if the website info was correct regarding the serial number, it was built in 1949, just a little younger than I am. It's aged more gracefully than I have, I must admit. Judging from the difficulty finding ammunition locally, I expect to get back to reloading, after many years away from the bench. Shooting it for the first time was really a great experience. At the gunshop where I bought it, people who own or knew other Savage 99 owners just seemed to pop out of thin air. Surprised me...
Anyway, I am glad to log on here, and got a few practical questions to throw out. The more I learn about the Savage 99 and Arthur Savage and his creations, The more impressed I become concerning a rifle that first saw light over a hundred years ago (not to mention the 300S Sav cartridge).
I'm retiring in less than a year from now, and expect to leave this state for someplace a bit less crazy... Right now I'm concluding a 20 year career in corrections, as an officer. Glad I've had the experience, but glad to say HAAAAD the experience, behind me. Looking forward to moving to someplace maybe in Arizona, or Idaho. Don't know just yet exactly where....
Anyway, hello to everybody, glad to be here on this forum.
P.S.: will try to find time to do up a profile, etc. - all part of the fun....

Rick_W
10-11-2016, 10:34 PM
Welcome

drybean
10-12-2016, 09:06 AM
Welcome aboard

Hotolds442
11-20-2016, 05:09 PM
Welcome!