PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Safety Course & new Axis .223

Boanerges
10-11-2016, 05:21 PM
I love my family. And am proud of them. I have a bit more joy and pride today.
Our oldest child, 11 year old daughter, took and passed the Nebraska Hunter Safety Course this past weekend.
We celebrated buy getting her first turn bolt action centerfire rifle. It is the AXIS XP in .223
The weather has been on the windy and crummy side so we have to wait a little longer to go zero and shoot it.
Our girls have been going to the woods with me as soon as they were able to stand. We have rancher friends in the area that will let us hunt and my oldest and I will go and get her a first deer this year because of that.

Hersh5317
10-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Awesome! My son passed his safety course this year as well. Unfortunately, I think it was just for something to do with me. It is the first step, however. His mother is against hunting, but he wants to give it a go eventually. He has been out with me a few times and had fun, but still has more fun "exploring the woods" than hunting. I'll still take that over wanting to just sit at home and play video games and TV all day though. Good luck to you and your daughter.

Boanerges
10-13-2016, 12:04 AM
Thank you my friend. And good job to your son.
I have taught my daughters that hunting is not always shooting, killing harvesting etc. We hunt often (spend time in the woods, tracking, listening, watching using all of our senses) and kill when we need to.

DrThunder88
10-13-2016, 07:16 PM
Very nice!

Boanerges
10-15-2016, 07:47 PM
Thank you friends!