PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: 2 Questions 93R17 GV

dirtfarmer
08-03-2010, 06:31 PM
I bought a used 93R17 GV for a good price. It's a tack driver when it takes a notion to fire. 1 or 2 ftf 2 out of 3 clips. I've tried different ammo and still get the same thing. It doesn't look like the firing pin is hitting hard enough to me but then the fired shells look the same. I've tried to clean the bolt with brake cleaner and compressed air. I use Lucas gun oil on the bolt after. I don't feel comfortable taking the bolt apart without seeing it done to clean it.

When it goes bang, there is usually a little hole right where the cross hairs was and I love it. When it goes click, it takes every bit of self control to keep from throwing it in the river. Also, will the stock on a 93R17 TR work on a 93R17 GV? I've tried calling Savage Customer Service a few dozen times and get a recording.

BTW - This is the most informative form I've found on the 17hmr. Thanks for all the information and a few laughs along the way. Thanks again for any information.

stevec
08-03-2010, 10:05 PM
I have a 93R17. one of the first ones they made. had the same problem when it was new, Sent it back to Savage and it was mailed back with a new mainspring installed. Everything was fine for several years but I recently got it out of the closet and the problem has happened again. I called savage today trying to buy a new spring but was told that they would not sell me one but would install one for me. I would rather do it myself but If I cant find a spring I will send it back to them.

Savage has very good customer service, and I am confident they will take care of your problem (and mine)

It took about 3 minutes on hold to get through.

Steve