PDA

View Full Version : Ballistics Calculator

Pages : 1 2 [3]

m12lrs
10-16-2016, 08:26 PM
Kestrel with applied.ballistics

You can always do a custom curve to match your rifles ballistics

Then no matter what the.weather conditions or altitude you are.shooting at the Kestrel will give you an accurate shooting.solution

sharpshooter
10-16-2016, 11:22 PM
[Velocity restrictions are 3100fps and nothing bigger than 30Cal.]

Is that some kind of "handicapped" class? Do they have a class for muzzle loaders ,too? ;)

LoneWolf
10-17-2016, 05:28 AM
[Velocity restrictions are 3100fps and nothing bigger than 30Cal.]

Is that some kind of "handicapped" class? Do they have a class for muzzle loaders ,too? ;)

It's only handicapped so our steel won't look like [emoji893]! Round count is 50, but I would bring 60 just in case....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yobuck
10-17-2016, 11:40 AM
If you've been paying attention, you would realize ive not mentioned anything pertaining to me personaly as to my ability.
In fact, ive been more apt to say how well average Joe could shoot if given the opportunity to do so with good equiptment.
I wouldn't expect to go to NC or VA or anyplace else for that matter and get down on the ground and compete with some 40 year old. First off my choice wouldn't be to shoot from the ground, but if that's yours, than have at it.
I would expect I could go to some type matches and at least not make a fool of myself. I have done that I the past but found it didn't really excite me. Id sooner be out on some nice lake in my boat trying to catch some bluegills or specks, and come fall go hunting.
I am a paying member of the Ridgeway rifle club which is a very active club. But again, it holds no interest for me to go there and compete.
It holds no interest for me to watch Monday night football either, or for that matter any other night, which might also indicate how weird I am.
I would predict that within another 10 years many of you guys wont have the desire either. Most target shooters become ex target shooters within a reasonably short period.
But I will offer another challenge that wouldn't be intended as an attempt to make a fool of someone as this one has been.
If anybody, and I don't care who, or how good they are as a shooter, wants to come visit me, I will let you prove to yourself, just how difficult all this is.
I am now in Florida, but if all goes well expect to be back in PA this fall. PM me and we can try to arrange it.
Once the leaves come off we can shoot to about 2 miles from a nice lawn in the front yard, and about any distance you like under that distance.
You can shoot from your belly on a nice lawn, or from a bench, or some other devices weve experimented with. You can be the judge and not have somebody else tell you how real shooters should shoot. You wont become a better shooter, but you will become more aware of just how good is good enough. And I can guarantee that's not all you will learn about shooting at long distances.
And thanks Idaho for your friendly comment. Again, all the best to you.

Idaho
10-17-2016, 09:30 PM
Hmmm, one more thing to look up now.