PDA

View Full Version : Savage Model 10 Accutrigger

95 taco
10-08-2016, 10:54 PM
Bought a used model 10 308 FCP-SR from a pawnshop the other day, got it set up with a Vortex Viper HS-T scope and took it out to the property to shoot.
Shoots great, at 100 yards I can get sub MOA groups even though I suck at rifle shooting but one thing I noticed is the accu-trigger is set extremely light, I don't have a trigger scale but I estimate under 3 lbs (lighter than the ascu-trigger on my dads 17 HMR or the accu-trigger style trigger on my marlin .22).

Is the factory trigger able to be adjusted that light or did the previous owner possibly swap springs?

Also is there a place I can get the manual for my rifle? It's the older model 10 that takes the accuracy international magazines.

TMD11111
10-09-2016, 01:35 AM
Should be adjustable down to about 1.5-2#

jim_k
10-09-2016, 06:49 AM
I think you might be able to get the manual online with a Google search like "Savage Model 10 owner's manual." Then save the link to your favorite places on your browser. If you adjust the AccuTrigger too low, it will decock when you close the bolt. That's not dangerous; if it happens, just increase the trigger pull weight until it doesn't happen. Those are fine triggers.

Texas10
10-09-2016, 07:41 AM
It's possible the previous owner switched out the accutrigger spring for the Varmint accutrigger spring, which is lighter. Regardless, you can adjust your trigger pull up quite easily by removing the action from the stock and turning the spring clock-wise until you get the pull weight you prefer.

http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?274-Factory-AccuTrigger-Part-Numbers

95 taco
10-09-2016, 11:50 AM
Should be adjustable down to about 1.5-2#

Good to know, thanks.

I think you might be able to get the manual online with a Google search like "Savage Model 10 owner's manual." Then save the link to your favorite places on your browser. If you adjust the AccuTrigger too low, it will decock when you close the bolt. That's not dangerous; if it happens, just increase the trigger pull weight until it doesn't happen. Those are fine triggers.

I'll try that, thanks.
I didn't know that it would de-cock if the trigger is set to low, good to know.

It's possible the previous owner switched out the accutrigger spring for the Varmint accutrigger spring, which is lighter. Regardless, you can adjust your trigger pull up quite easily by removing the action from the stock and turning the spring clock-wise until you get the pull weight you prefer.

http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?274-Factory-AccuTrigger-Part-Numbers

I'm happy with the weight of the trigger, I was just curious to see if it was able to be that light from the factory, I didn't want it to turn into a Remington 700 and have the increased possibility of a accidental discharge.

95 taco
10-09-2016, 11:01 PM

Thank you for that tidbit of info, my trigger needs to be turned up a hair as every 10 or so rounds when the bolt is closed I have to pop the bolt handle up to re-cock because the blade inside the trigger will be stuck in the forward position, due to the rifle de-cocking (I believe).

Robinhood
10-10-2016, 08:57 PM
You would be correct in theory.