PDA

View Full Version : New Guy from South Ms

95 taco
10-08-2016, 10:45 PM
Joined to learn more about my impulse buy (used Savage 10 FCP-SR in .308) and because I may just end up buying more Savage rifles.

drybean
10-09-2016, 09:53 AM
Welcome aboard

Rick_W
10-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Welcome from the coast.

Mozella
10-09-2016, 09:40 PM
Joined to learn more about my impulse buy (used Savage 10 FCP-SR in .308) and because I may just end up buying more Savage rifles. Do a Google search on F class. Then Google Pascagoula Shooting Club. Next get some half way decent glass, 32 power or above if you can. Then figure out how to shoot 5 shot 1/2 MOA groups, more or less, at 100 yards. Get yourself a bi-pod and an old moving quilt or other shooting pad, crank your 100 yd zero up to whatever is appropriate for 600yards, and join in the F-Class matches at Pascagoula on the 4th Saturday of each month. Cheap fun.

Your gun is not the ideal F class gun, but it's plenty good enough to have fun with a nice bunch of guys. Most guys hand load of course, but if you don't you can get some descent factory ammo and use that. You won't be the only one shooting factory ammo. Warning: You might get hooked.

95 taco
10-09-2016, 10:46 PM
Welcome aboard

Thanks, glad I found this community.

Welcome from the coast.

Thanks, You're not far from me, I'm northwest of Gulfport in Lizana.

Do a Google search on F class. Then Google Pascagoula Shooting Club. Next get some half way decent glass, 32 power or above if you can. Then figure out how to shoot 5 shot 1/2 MOA groups, more or less, at 100 yards. Get yourself a bi-pod and an old moving quilt or other shooting pad, crank your 100 yd zero up to whatever is appropriate for 600yards, and join in the F-Class matches at Pascagoula on the 4th Saturday of each month. Cheap fun.

Your gun is not the ideal F class gun, but it's plenty good enough to have fun with a nice bunch of guys. Most guys hand load of course, but if you don't you can get some descent factory ammo and use that. You won't be the only one shooting factory ammo. Warning: You might get hooked.

I'll look into it, I enjoy shooting steel more than paper though.

I did get a Vortex Viper HS-T 4-16 scope mounted on it, and the rifle came with a bipod.
The furthest I have shot it is ~200 yards as I haven't made time to go out to the McHenry shooting range and get on a bench, all of my shooting so far has been prone in a field or standing supported on a vehicle.

I do have a press but haven't gotten any components for the .308 yet as I quit my job to go back to school.

Hotolds442
10-10-2016, 08:05 PM
Welcome!