PDA

View Full Version : 6mm dasher neck question.

nobody
10-06-2016, 06:46 AM
i'm looking to build a 6mm dasher this winter for a local 1000 yard match. i have two questions. do most use no turn neck chambers? second question is is there a big difference between a 26, 28 and 30 inch barrel lengths? i was looking to have a no turn neck 28 inch heavy barrel made. i am planning to thread it for a muzzle brake as well. looking for something more competative than my .300 win mag and 220 grainers for next year.

i would like to have it chambered like my old 6ppc. i could shoot a round, eject it, deprime it, prime it dump powder, seat bullet and shoot it again. that rifle had a insane chamber on it an i shot it well.

nobody
10-06-2016, 07:22 AM
i do plan to use the shilen DGV action and their trigger. while not a savage it takes the savage barrel and barrel nut with a remington 700 foot print. seems they made the perfect action to me. plenty of drop in barrel options married to a endless supply of stock choices. i just can't see how you could go wrong with that action. they are already blue printed so you just have to marry it up to the best barrel you can afford and the same with the stock.

LoneWolf
10-06-2016, 08:33 AM
The Shilen DGV and 6 Dasher should be perfect together for your application. I know a lot of guys that run a no neck turn chamber and these guns shoot extremely well. However in the game you're playing many do run tighter chambers and turn necks. The only way to figure out what works for you is to try it. Make sure to identify if you're going to use Lapua 6BR brass and fireform it or Norma 6 Dasher brass because the reamer specs are slightly different!

nobody
10-06-2016, 11:34 AM
everybody i have talked to says to fire form the norma brass, so that was the way i was leaning.

LoneWolf
10-06-2016, 12:01 PM
Norma makes Factory Dasher Brass now.

nobody
10-06-2016, 12:26 PM
good to know that. saves time fire forming them, but enjoyed fire forming my AI chambered rifles.

upSLIDEdown
10-06-2016, 12:29 PM
Most people having good luck with the Norma chamber / brass are still shooting a mild load in it the first go around. Just FYI.

nobody
10-06-2016, 01:36 PM
Most people having good luck with the Norma chamber / brass are still shooting a mild load in it the first go around. Just FYI.
forming it to the chamber i figure. i plan to send some brass fired a few times in the chamber and having my dies made. i might go with a tighter neck. i had to trim the brass necks on my 6ppc. the brass lasted for ever in that rifle. i wish i had kept it now.

LongRange
10-07-2016, 05:36 PM
lotta good dasher info here....

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/tag/6mm-dasher/