PDA

View Full Version : Front Baffle Question - Help

saskaguy
10-05-2016, 10:07 PM
I am accumulating parts to build a 6BR Norma from a 223 and the question I have is in regards to the front baffle. I ordered the standard bolt head and short action Front baffle from Savage and the bolt head I received is the correct size but the short action baffle they sent looks the same as what I had in the 223 (they sent part #103321). Did I get the correct baffle or is this the one for 223/204 family? Will it work with the 6BR and ts short case or is there a different part number I should be ordering. Any help is appreciated.

olddav
10-05-2016, 11:59 PM
I'm thinking that the baffle is the same regardless of caliber. With the possible exception of a 338 Lapua which is not built on a short action.
I could be wrong and if so some will offer more accurate info shortly.

earl39
10-06-2016, 08:52 AM
The only real difference is the short one has the ear to shorten bolt travel. If they sent you the one with the ear and you don't have a long enough bolt travel just cut/grind the ear off or down until you get the amount of bolt travel you want. The standard baffle is the same for long and short actions.

earl39
10-06-2016, 08:56 AM
As Dave said, the 338 Lapua is a different animal and may have a different bolt and baffle but I don't have one so I can't say for sure.