PDA

View Full Version : Savage 99: New 99 owner with question

bluesman423
10-05-2016, 08:58 PM
I purchased my first 99 today and began to tear it down for a thorough cleaning and lube before I shoot it.

The rifle is a Model 99 EG as far as I can tell, it is untapped and according to the serial number manufactured 1951 or later, caliber 300 Savage.

When I tore it down I noticed there was no breech bolt stop or the screw holding it in. My normal parts suppliers do not have any of these parts in stock. Can someone please tell me who does have these or might have them?

Thanks if you can help.

Flintlock28
10-05-2016, 09:08 PM
I purchased my first 99 today and began to tear it down for a thorough cleaning and lube before I shoot it.

The rifle is a Model 99 EG as far as I can tell, it is untapped and according to the serial number manufactured 1951 or later, caliber 300 Savage.

When I tore it down I noticed there was no breech bolt stop or the screw holding it in. My normal parts suppliers do not have any of these parts in stock. Can someone please tell me who does have these or might have them?

Thanks if you can help.

I've found $bay to be of help when looking for old parts. After a quick look-see; I found this. It's more than you need, but there doesn't seem to be many supply places to find this item.

Since it's a simple part; you could also get some sheet metal from that big Home supply place, and cut it to the same dimension, I made a new front sight by using sheet metal, and grinding/filing to make what I want.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Savage-Model-1899-Trigger-spring-bolt-stop-and-screws-/331976131265?hash=item4d4b51c2c1:g:se0AAOSwgZ1XuGK A

bluesman423
10-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Thank you so much for the link ............. the parts are on the way.

I have been wanting a 99 of this configuration for quite a while. I can't wait to get it back together and to the range.

Fireball
11-18-2016, 02:29 PM
There are two sizes.