PDA

View Full Version : 62/64-Series: how slow is savage customer service?

boomer92266
10-04-2016, 04:57 PM
i wrote savage sunday about no magazine with my savage 62, i haven't heard anything yet. i can't call their number as my phone won't call long distance. how long does it take for savage to answer a problem after it is posted to their web site? i did get a confirmation email that they are giving it to a member of their staff right after i posted sunday. haven't heard anything since. thanks for any help.

First Shirt
10-04-2016, 06:23 PM
It sometimes takes two or three days, depending on how busy they are. But I've never failed to get a response, and service is usually excellent.

ETA: If your CSR is Debra Roberts please tell her "Joel says Hi, and he still thinks you need a raise!"

Fla_dogman
10-04-2016, 06:59 PM
My experience was great! They replaced the mag on my 93 very quickly

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

boomer92266
10-04-2016, 08:55 PM
It sometimes takes two or three days, depending on how busy they are. But I've never failed to get a response, and service is usually excellent.

ETA: If your CSR is Debra Roberts please tell her "Joel says Hi, and he still thinks you need a raise!"

it is Debra Roberts.

boomer92266
10-06-2016, 01:08 PM
well 4 days and counting, i may never get to shoot this gun. no local shop has mags and to order they tell me $30-$35 each and i don't do paypal so ebay is out, amazon too expensive. i was thinking savage would sell me one cheaper since mine wasn't in the package but they still not got to me yet. i hope by tomorrow, just have to wait and see but i hope it's soon.

First Shirt
10-07-2016, 05:55 AM
If I was a betting man, I'd bet they send you one or two free. But that's just a guess.

boomer92266
10-07-2016, 07:05 PM
5 days now, won't be shooting this weekend either. got the gun last friday and haven't fired it. two weekends now not shooting, 22 ammo has come back here at $30 a brick if only my gun could get that mag. i'm sure savage will make it right but i was hoping it would be this week. i do believe if i don't hear from them by next weekend i will sell the gun and go get something else. thanks

boomer92266
10-10-2016, 11:45 AM
i was given a toll free number on a forum for savage, i contacted savage, they said this rarely happens but does from time to time. the man i spoke with said in the 10+ years he has worked there only about 4-5 times has this happened with him taking the call. he said all the times it did it was from a chain store, so i'm thinking my mag is at walmart or a walmart worker needed one. anyway he was very nice and is sending me two mags for my wait and trouble, A+ service from savage and he said with hunting season was why my email hasn't been answered but he said he will take care of me with two mags and ship them priority mail. now when they come in this week i will shoot and update, thanks everyone

nobody
10-10-2016, 07:56 PM
did you speak to joe? if you did you will be taken care of right away.

how long has the model 62 been around? i remember having one in the late 90's!! shot pretty good. i threaded the barrel on it for a can. had to take out some skunks in the neighbor hood. normally it would have been a problem, but after the local police saw the paper work on the can, and the other neighbors were outraged over the skunks. they turned their backs and allowed me to smoke them!!! i will never live inside city limits ever again. man what would have happened today if that happened?

J.Baker
10-11-2016, 08:45 AM
Joe's not the head of Customer Service anymore, he was promoted to Product Service Director about two years ago. Paul Smarrelli now heads up C.S.

Grandoug
10-11-2016, 04:27 PM
My problem with Savage customer service is that it is "NO service". Non responsive, via phone or e-mail. I have been waiting on a stock for my Savage .17 ordered on June 14. I guess I was caught in the plant rebuild, then they closed for vacation. Finally sent a stock in August, that was defective. My gunsmith tried but he could not get the pillars to line up with the action, aand the barrel was off to the left. He had a conversation with Savage and the stock was returned for replacement. I was told it would take engineering "a couple weeks" to evaluate the issues with the stock. I requested a replacement stock. That meant I was back on the production line for another wait. So now when I call or write, I get firewalled. June 14 to Oct 11...No service, no stock.

J.Baker
10-12-2016, 05:54 AM
My problem with Savage customer service is that it is "NO service". Non responsive, via phone or e-mail. I have been waiting on a stock for my Savage .17 ordered on June 14. I guess I was caught in the plant rebuild, then they closed for vacation. Finally sent a stock in August, that was defective. My gunsmith tried but he could not get the pillars to line up with the action, aand the barrel was off to the left. He had a conversation with Savage and the stock was returned for replacement. I was told it would take engineering "a couple weeks" to evaluate the issues with the stock. I requested a replacement stock. That meant I was back on the production line for another wait. So now when I call or write, I get firewalled. June 14 to Oct 11...No service, no stock.

So is it Boyds or Savage you're having issue with? In this thread you say Savage, but in THIS (http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?53013-What-s-Going-on-with-Boyd-s&p=382358#post382358) other thread you say Boyds. Can't be both for the same stock for the same rifle ordered on the same date.

Lonewulf
10-12-2016, 07:59 AM
yep confused

also quote from boyds site

ATTENTION CUSTOMERS: To assemble, you will need to use the two escutcheons and action screws from the original. The trigger guard/floor plate from original stock is not needed. We will provide you with a black plastic trigger guard.

It is your responsibility to confirm the dimensions of your firearm with the supplied dimensions of our part.

All finished parts have been CNC inlet to Boyds' House Action. Variations may exist from firearm to firearm, minor fitting may be required to get that perfect fit to your firearm.

I have had to do my own sanding on a couple stock I got to fit the barrel in the center of the channel, no big deal

I even opened up a factory barrel stock to fit my SS HB before they made them that way

Never had 1 stock out of about 15 I had to send back. about 1/4 took a little sanding or what ever here or there

boomer92266
10-25-2016, 10:51 PM
took it out a few days ago, sorry i haven't updated been busy. i shot only from 20yds because of time but fired 100rds, no jams and everything fired and ejected. groups were about 1/2 inch average which i think is great for me with open sites. love this gun and at $99 is a steal for what i got, thanks.