PDA

View Full Version : Action

TLB2
10-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Whats a 110 long action worth that needs refinishing ? 473 BF . Complete Action with trigger and bolts
Thanks

foxx
10-03-2016, 11:41 PM
because it needs refinsihing, I'd say about $220 with steel trigger guard.

Accutrigger would bump it to $270.

Standard (old style) 3 screw trigger, maybe $250.

i

Robinhood
10-03-2016, 11:51 PM
I think it is worth what the market will give. Long actions are not as popular as Short actions and SF flat back's are not as popular either but if it comes with a nut screws and TG or bottom metal...or even just the magazine it could bring more.

TLB2
10-03-2016, 11:58 PM
It has 3 adjustment screws on the trigger. Bluing is 65% on the outside of action. Bolt has some rust. E series prefix

foxx
10-04-2016, 12:13 AM
Well, then, there's your answer(s).

Put it on Gunbroker and see what you get.

Or, join "Team Savage" (become a paid member) here for $15 and list it in the classifieds. Heck, I might even offer you $100 for it.

TLB2
10-04-2016, 01:00 AM
Thanks, Im a team Savage member already.

foxx
10-04-2016, 09:04 AM
^^^^duh! :)

J.Baker
10-06-2016, 01:03 AM
The old flat-backs are harder sells these days as stagger-feed parts are getting harder to find. I'd be surprised if you got more than $150 out of it in the condition it's in, especially with the stingy folks around here that won't come off their wallets unless you're all but giving it away. LOL

tufrthnails
10-06-2016, 05:24 AM
The old flat-backs are harder sells these days as stagger-feed parts are getting harder to find. I'd be surprised if you got more than $150 out of it in the condition it's in, especially with the stingy folks around here that won't come off their wallets unless you're all but giving it away. LOL

Yep seeing a lot less in the classifieds, but there are still some great deals to be made. Just scored a sweet vortex last week.

RC20
10-08-2016, 01:11 PM

I am not sure what stingy has got to do with it, nice thing about all this is the market really does set the price. I think its a case where that annoying expression "it is what it is" really does apply.

Simply not nearly as desirable. If you can't make that trigger work its around $100 to get a decent one.

From my take, when I went to get a setup, I went for a combination of features that included the acu trigger, LA and stock. I was able to get it.

I paid more than bargain, but I got all the features in one buy that would have cost me more separately. Also got to try the stock I wanted included and it was what I thought it would be so that worked out well.

Pretty tough when you can get an action and heavy barrel (low grade stock) for a bit over $400 with acu trigger and 100% finish.

My 06 pencil barrel is not selling so it next sees service as an experimental barrel for some old lead cast back check bullets my step dad loaded up years back.

243LPR
10-08-2016, 01:44 PM
TLB2,where are you?

TLB2
10-09-2016, 11:46 PM
TLB2,where are you?

Im in SW georgia