PDA

View Full Version : Bass Pro buying Cabela"s

Balljoint
10-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Just read on one of the gun web sites that it came out TODAY Bass Pro was buying Cabela's for 5.5 BILLION, TRIED to talk wife to buy some stock two weeks ago when i heard from our stock broker BUT NO AIN'T GOT NO CASH for that so now the cats out of the bag.

J.Baker
10-04-2016, 05:09 PM
Not sure if this will be a good thing or a bad thing. Guess time will tell. I was kind of hoping that BPS would absorb Cabela's (convert their stores, etc) for the sole reason that if Cabela's no longer exists Gander Mountain could get back into the mail-order catalog business and become a bigger player again like they were in the 1980's.

jpx2rk
10-04-2016, 07:03 PM
There was tons of speculation and comments on numerous forums back in the spring and summer. It will be good for someone, but probably not for the employees who lose their jobs due to multiple stores in the same general area/town. Employees on both sides of the fence will lose out in the long run.

RobinCT
10-04-2016, 07:22 PM
From what I can tell, they are simply purchasing Cabelas. It will remain a separate store still. I thought I read in an article that they plan to shut down zero stores.

tufrthnails
10-04-2016, 07:29 PM
My cousin is peeved at Cabelas/BP right now. He ordered some bullets/sabots and a scope mount last week and has not confirmation of shipping and spent 35 min waiting for an operator yesterday and 15 min today.

big honkin jeep
10-04-2016, 08:21 PM
Cant say I've ever seen less competition for the same market ever help out a consumer.

Phranque
10-05-2016, 08:06 PM
Cant say I've ever seen less competition for the same market ever help out a consumer.

You got that right... I had a really bad customer service experience at the local BPS last year, and vowed never to step foot back in that store. Was elated when two Cabela's opened up 1/2 hour north & south of me... Other than my local gun shops, those were the only "big box" sports shops I went to. Shot that right in the butt....

tufrthnails
10-05-2016, 08:37 PM
Good news my cousins gear showed up today even though he was never able to get ahold of anyone, but I will say it is going to be a long time till he buys anything else from cabelas.