PDA

View Full Version : Accustock or HS Precision? How to tell?

sigfla
10-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Weird question. I bought a used Savage Custom shop lefty M12 .204 ruger. It is a DBM 2 screw stock with a bottom (trigger guard) bolt release. It has an aluminum block in it. I don't know if I have a newer non wedge 2 screw Accustock or an HS Precision. It looks to me like an HS Precision. I am asking bc I went to the range today and had a bit of vertical stringing with the stock torqued to 30inch lbs. HS says torque to 65 inch lbs and Accustocks seem to be spec at 45inch lbs.

How can I tell what I have?

Robinhood
10-03-2016, 04:41 PM
If it is a block then it may be an HS Precision. If it looks like channel then it is an Accustock. (Credit: Mr. Furious)

Accustockhttp://glock.pro/attachments/non-glock-firearms/5530d1380390952-savage-10-flcp-k-rifle-308-winchester-accu-stock.jpg

sigfla
10-03-2016, 05:40 PM
Ok, it is an Accustock. I thought that channel was the block

sigfla
10-03-2016, 06:05 PM
I torqued them up a bit to 45. These negative Accustock stories have me worried. If the gun keeps stringing vertical I may end up with an HS. I just have some other toys I want to mod first so I hope the Factory Accustock works.

foxx
10-03-2016, 09:07 PM
I might be simply unaware, but I have never heard of an Accustock causing vertical stringing. IMHO, it's more likely to be improper (or lack of proper) load development.

sigfla
10-03-2016, 10:37 PM
I might be simply unaware, but I have never heard of an Accustock causing vertical stringing. IMHO, it's more likely to be improper (or lack of proper) load development.

I had the screws torqued pretty loose. I think the action may have been rocking in the stock a bit. When I bought the gun the screws were very tight. I took the gun apart and reinstalled looser than I thought. I am at 45 lbs now and may have been 25 before when I thought I was at 30. I followed all the recommended procedure to remount the action and torque. I'll hit the range again and see.