PDA

View Full Version : How to convert long action 110c series J 30-06 side release mag to blind mag. --help--

mibdmth
10-01-2016, 09:47 PM
In a nutshell I have a mid 70's 110c series J long action 30-06 with side release button for the mag and top bolt release that has a really really worn out stock. Its cracked and glued and screwed and the bottom magazine plate that goes on the stock is cracked. Its just worn and cracked and it just flat out needs replaced. I am having a hard time finding a suitable replacement but from doing all the reading and research online I guess I can get a standard long action blind mad stock and make it work somehow? Like maybe a boyds. But which one?

Can anyone give me any more info? Do I need to order some blind mag parts? if so what?

Or I read somewhere where you can just take out the bottom plate of the detachable mag and then use those internal parts to screw into the bottom of a blind mag stock? Will my trigger guard still work and fit decent?

I am lost and this looks like a good forum to ask these questions. Any tips and or pics would be greatly appreciated.

mogwai
11-03-2016, 07:59 PM
How about a Boyds replacement stock? I think they are about $130.

Grim
11-03-2016, 10:51 PM
If it is a top bolt release, could you not get a new stock and bottom metal to convert it to a current model? If you could do that I would think that would be preferable as I am unaware of older type magazines being available.

Is there an issue with an older model (side mag release) that could prevent such a conversion?

Good luck with whatever course of action you take.

Robinhood
11-03-2016, 11:15 PM
If it is milled for standard stagger feed mags...........

Otherwise it is a centerfeed stock, L-clip and magazine and a milling machine or pencil grinder.

sharpshooter
11-04-2016, 12:23 AM
It's real simple. You just remove the bottom cover from the magazine box, insert it back in the magazine frame. You will have to enlarge the mag well in the stock some for clearance. This is how Savage done it when they were short on dedicated blind mag parts.