PDA

View Full Version : Stiffening factory stock. Anything I should do?

RegisG
10-01-2016, 10:49 AM
I have a left hand Savage 10 that I am trying to make into a long range gun. Inside the synthetic stock is an aluminum frame where I would normally bed my action.

Is there anything that I can or should do to improve this stock's stability? One day I'll probably upgrade the stock but, not yet.

Here are some photo's of what I'm looking at in case someone wants to point to something specific.
Appreciate any tips,
Regis
Full2174front2175rear2176

olddav
10-01-2016, 08:13 PM
I believe its an Accustock. Perform some research (on this site and WWW) and you should find enough info to assist you.
You should be able to bolt the action to it and shoot. I assume that this is the stock that came with the rifle?

big honkin jeep
10-03-2016, 09:47 PM
If it aint broke......
That's an accustock and in my experience is one of the best "factory" stocks available.
I really doubt you're seeing much flex in that one. If you are'nt getting a very solid mate up between the action and the stock then then the screws may be bottoming out early and may need their length adjusted.
Put the action in it, torque tune it as necessary, and shoot it. (google torque tuning a Savage if you dont know how to do this)
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.