PDA

View Full Version : What accuracy improvements can I expect with a Boyd's stock

Pages : 1 [2]

charlie b
02-02-2019, 02:16 PM
The thing I liked even more about my Boyd's (Pro Varmint) was the weight and more grip area. Made ME more accurate at shooting the rifle.

And, yes, mine is a solid 3/4 MOA rifle (.223). But, I have close to 1000rnds through it now, mostly Sierra MK's and Norma match bullets.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

rerun5
02-09-2019, 08:25 PM
I won't try to credit it to my ability :rolleyes:. But my Axis 30-06 was shooting .50 to .75" groups at 100 yds. about two months ago when I last took it to the range. I haven't modified it at all, so I guess I got real lucky with mine but it does shoot consistently on the original stock. I'm not a precision shooter it's used for hunting at moderate range. If I were going to shoot competitive match's I'd use something a lot more stable. All that said I thought about getting a Boyd but I'm pretty happy with my Axis as is.

charlie b
02-15-2019, 08:59 AM
I guess the other question I would ask is if you have rifles that shoot 1/2MOA or less on a regular basis? The reason I ask is because I have trouble shooting consistent 1/2MOA groups, but, it is me most of the time, not the rifle.

When getting down into those smaller groups a lot of factors come into play. Consistency with every part of reloading and shooting as well as more quality components. For example, the Norma match bullets I use in my .223 are good, but, the Sierra Matchkings will shrink the group a bit more. Same with using matched cases instead of mixed mil brass. My rifle also likes heavier bullets rather than lighter.

Then there is the effect of even a little bit of wind. You are talking about moving a bullet less than 1/4". Doesn't take much.