PDA

View Full Version : primary arms 4-14x44

Pages : 1 [2]

Russ77
10-10-2016, 02:30 AM
It is not a mil dot and the adjustments are mushy and no way to lock them in place. That enough for ya?

New guy question.....
When you say locking the turrets in place are you referring to locking them down so they don't get bumped or having a zero stop so you can roll them back to zero???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkker
10-10-2016, 11:46 AM
He means to prevent movement.
Some scopes have a "push" to lock/un-lock, some use a brake affair where you essentially expand a set of brake shoes out on the turret to prevent movement. An example for that system is the NightForce BEAST.

I've waffled on that idea personally. I have scopes that have locking turrets and scopes that don't. When I started, I thought I HAD to have them, at this point I really don't care. Never had one get "spun" unless flopping around when driving to AZ. I always check things out before shooting anyway, so my current mindset is that it doesn't matter.

Russ77
10-10-2016, 04:48 PM
I could see needing that for hunting while your carrying your rifle through the woods. I only shoot at the range so that's not something that interests me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foxx
10-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Darn it, Now I'm going to have to get one....Nope, PA is 10 miles away and I don't want to pay tax on it.

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but I bought a few of these based upon Darkker's original review and he nailed it. I don't think there's anything else I would buy even near it's price point, except maybe a cheap Bushnell with RainGuard for short range hunting.

yobuck
10-11-2016, 09:16 AM
Life has it's priorities, at least for most of us.
It could even get as bad as choosing between a scope we'd like or beer. lol

sscoyote
11-07-2016, 07:41 PM
Love my 4-14 PA, R-Grid reticle. Satisfied all my optics tests, and finally someone put out a Horus-like reticle in an affordable optic. Mine's on a Kidd-barreled Ruger Charger