PDA

View Full Version : Base and rings for Predator Hunter?

glockr
09-22-2016, 09:04 PM
I just a Predator Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor (Savage sku 19129) and I'm trying to figure out what scope base to order. Since I'm new to Savage rifles and there seems to be lots of variables in action length, shape of the top of receiver, etc, I want to make sure I order the right part. I want a picatinny style so I can swap scopes easily with by AR until I can afford a dedicated scope for the Savage. I'm looking at EGW and Warne. Hoping someone can tell me the part number from each that will fit my rifle. Also, is Warne worth the extra money (~$100 compared to $40 for the EGW)?

Also, when I do get a dedicated scope I'm going to use Burris Z rings. On this rifle would low, med, or high work best? Does the height matter much as long as it's high enough for the scope to clear the barrel?

Thanks...

762Armo
09-23-2016, 01:25 AM
EGW base will be fine. Mine is.
Not sure on part number you'll need, but go on the EGW web site and look around.
This might work, is the receiver round in the back? http://www.egwguns.com/round-back-sa/

RC20
09-23-2016, 02:37 PM
I like Warne, I don't have any against other bases, tickles me made in USA, solid steel and quality has been good across a number of rifles.

They have an app on their site that tells you what combo you need.

I do not like aluminum, I know its not the stuff that is weak and prone to gouging and all that, I just like solid steel to steel and the weight is too minor to be an issue to me.

scott037
09-25-2016, 09:52 AM
You can't beat warne rings for the money. The base solid steel is cool

Robinhood
09-25-2016, 12:36 PM
Some scopes are short some are long. The objective almost always sits over the barrel but the eyepiece often sits over the rail. This is where the scope eyepiece can interfere with low rings if you have a scope with a large eyepiece.