PDA

View Full Version : Gun powder shipping ban??

swamphonkey
09-16-2016, 06:31 PM
What's going on I'm hearing that Obama is making it illegal to ship and store gunpowder? Is this true?

J.Baker
09-16-2016, 08:49 PM
No, just a brain-fart by someone at the BATFE. Articles are sorted most recent to oldest...

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/09/atf-makes-ammunition-error-works-correction/#axzz4KKMvoCj8

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/09/atf-backs-off-on-wetted-nitrocellulose/#axzz4KKMvoCj8 (http://www.ammoland.com/2016/09/atf-makes-ammunition-error-works-correction/#axzz4KKMvoCj8)

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/08/atf-reclassifies-wetted-nitrocellulose-as-explosive-materials-under-federal-laws/#axzz4KKMvoCj8

swamphonkey
09-17-2016, 11:06 AM
Thank you.. I was about to drain my bank account and buy all the powder And primers that bass pro has. Thank God they misunderstood. Folks that enjoy shooting really need to think before they vote this year. God help us if the Sea hag is put in.

Nor Cal Mikie
09-18-2016, 04:20 PM
If the "Sea Hag" gets elected, we deserve it for letting things get the way they are!!

swamphonkey
09-20-2016, 08:22 AM
Do You have a bird in your pocket? Because I haven't ever voted for and crooked Clinton's. And I'm in Alabama we still "loose" people that want to act stupid. And we still boot stomp hippie type Pico ****. How about California?

wbm
09-20-2016, 10:01 AM
C.S. Lewis in the Narnia Chronicles had some characters called "Dufflepuds"...seems cats were stealing milk from the barn so the Dullfepuds decided to solve the problem by moving the barn. Anyone besides me see a correlation here to the current anti-gun frenzy among liberal politicians and those who elect them?

Texas10
09-26-2016, 10:38 AM
But if the Trump Monkey gets in the Oval office, won't guns, ammunition, reloading materials production will drop significantly? Hoarding will definitely cease, it's already winding down as Obama's term nears it's end, and the arms industry will lay off over a hundred thousand workers. Gun makers will be sold off again as profits and market share drop. Who will own Savage next?

What will FOX news have to scare us with without the imagined threat of taking away our guns or ammo?

wbm
09-26-2016, 11:57 AM
What you are saying sounds like a Hillary for Pres tweet. I'm not personally scared, and Fox news is not my source of education or information but anyone who thinks that the right to keep and bear arms is not in jeopardy and that Clinton will not be a threat to gun owners...well just kick back and have another glass of cool-aid. It's all about the Supreme Court dude. If Clinton is in, then the Court will be liberal for decades. More than shipping powder is at stake...even more than the 2nd Amendment.

swamphonkey
09-26-2016, 10:55 PM
What you are saying sounds like a Hillary for Pres tweet. I'm not personally scared, and Fox news is not my source of education or information but anyone who thinks that the right to keep and bear arms is not in jeopardy and that Clinton will not be a threat to gun owners...well just kick back and have another glass of cool-aid. It's all about the Supreme Court dude. If Clinton is in, then the Court will be liberal for decades. More than shipping powder is at stake...even more than the 2nd Amendment.
Tell em brother!
I'll take Trump..

Texas10
09-27-2016, 10:56 AM

You're repeating the same scare tactic we heard before, and during Obama's 8 years in office . Didn't come to pass, despite what FOX fed us for 8 years.

One thing to consider; attempting to take away a fundamental Constitutional right is very risky for any politician. And although one of the key goals of the Demo's is to reduce the senseless deaths that the new media places the greatest importance upon, by enacting more control on who buys a gun ( I don't agree that is going to make a difference) or limiting magazine capacity (again, don't agree) there are other factors at play. One of which is the current presidents significant place in History as the first African-American President. I believe he would not risk such a risky move as the fear mongers promote, for fear of limiting the chances of future minority candidates of being elected to the highest office.

Similarly, Hillary, should she gain The Office, would also be a risk of tarnishing her potential legacy as the first woman President if she made such ineffectual gun legislation her top priority.

I think we all agree, as educated and experience gun owners, that the primary issues facing us when it comes to gun violence are mental disease and religious extremism, neither of which is treated successfully by eliminating certain mechanical devices.

Obama got this, and made statements supporting increased availability of mental health services which the news media found unattractive and did not sell ad time as well. So that died quickly.

The news media now drives the conversation, not my words, but those of many who are much smarter than I am. Fox is the worst at driving discord and silencing reasoned opinion, and by estimates from those who study such things, it's reached dangerous levels of ignorance, intolerance.

Drink the cool-aid if you wish. As for me, I cut the cable and now carefully edit what I read and where I get my "news".

I invite you to do the same. After a short while spent de-toxing from the effects of an insane media, you may find you're a lot happier, more relaxed and less stressed. I know I am.

Texas10
09-27-2016, 11:08 AM
Post script: Reagan and Bush populated the Supreme Court with some strongly conservative members, yet look at how they've voted. The Court has been leaning conservative for 25 years, and yes, it might lean left for a similar amount of time. But that is no guarantee that the 2nd amendment is in jeopardy. Remember, it's your local congressman who makes the laws. The Court just interprets and enforces them.

wbm
09-27-2016, 11:18 AM
No, just a brain-fart by someone at the BATFE.

Went to FLETC with a few BATFE types....some were prone to that malady.

Texas10
09-27-2016, 02:43 PM
My local gun shop said the rules change was referring to raw ingredients, specifically Nitro-cellulose, and if it contained a lot of Nitro-glycerin it could be a high explosive. So this would effect only ONE business in the US, that being the plant in FL the makes ball powder. They would have to store ingredients a bit differently.

Anyone heard something different?

Articles posted above don't mention the Nitro-Glycerin point he made.

BredWest
09-29-2016, 06:09 AM
I am certainly not an authority on shipping regs, but I think the 100 pound thing has been around for awhile. I remember, about 18 months ago, talking to a surplus powder dealer who told me that they were limited in how much they could ship at one time.