PDA

View Full Version : Boyd stock

Jkling12
09-16-2016, 05:35 PM
I recently got my boyds stock and went to put it on and the front action bolt is too short. Boyds has the worst customer service on earth. I've called and they either transfer me to someone's voicemail or tell me they don't know. I've asked two people what thread pattern and they couldn't even tell me. Pathetic. So if anyone knows how long and what threads I need for my savage axis 25-06 that would be great. The stock is a lightweight thumb hole.

hereinaz
09-16-2016, 05:58 PM
Does anyone know whether a hardware store has the correct thread for action bolt/screw? Been curious to see if that is a quick way to replace them/cut to length...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

hereinaz
09-16-2016, 06:00 PM
I recently got my boyds stock and went to put it on and the front action bolt is too short. Boyds has the worst customer service on earth. I've called and they either transfer me to someone's voicemail or tell me they don't know. I've asked two people what thread pattern and they couldn't even tell me. Pathetic. So if anyone knows how long and what threads I need for my savage axis 25-06 that would be great. The stock is a lightweight thumb hole.
If you can get the right thread, I wonder if the hardware store has longer ones to cut to the right length.

jbrew44
09-16-2016, 07:48 PM
The threads are 1/4"-28 which I couldn't find at Lowes. Others have been able to find them locally. The Boyds will take take a little longer than stock. I used one that was 3/4" in length scew for the factory stock and I had to file it down a little. You could pick up a 3/4" screw and a 1" screw to try. I got mine from boltdepot.com The rear screw I used was 1.5". They were stainless socket cap heads.

hereinaz
09-16-2016, 08:01 PM
If you can get the right thread, I wonder if the hardware store has longer ones to cut to the right length.

My local ACE has a lot of unique bolts. Found scope bolts there... have to look for action.

Thanks!

jpx2rk
09-17-2016, 07:54 AM
ACE hardware and Tractor Supply stores usually have a good selection of odd ball screws/bolts. You can look at Brownells as well, they have some. You should be able to determine the thread pattern at a Lowes or HD in there hardware section where they have those displays with the different thread patterns (metric vs sae) etc.

FW Conch
09-17-2016, 02:33 PM
^ It's a Savage ^ the thread patern is 1/4"x28tpi, as already mentioned above ;-))