PDA

View Full Version : Boosting?

ICUDIEN
07-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Anyone know of anyone who is still boosting Leupold powers? I tried calling Premier but was told they dont do it anymore.

rossman40
08-02-2010, 11:51 PM
I do not know of anyone "boosting" the Leupolds anymore. There was a guy selling a lens assembly, try this,

http://www.bulzeyepro.com/

Pete K.
08-11-2010, 12:40 AM
I have been seriously considering adding a BulzEyePro for the price to boost the 20X max power on a very decent Monarch UCC 6.5 X 20 with fine cross hair and 1/8" target dot. ALL the reviews from serious F class to bench rest shooters are very positive.
You need to read all you can so you understand just how much magnification each power will give. 2X does not mean it will magnify by times two or say make a 12X scope a 24X scope. It is in percentages so read. Know the differences in the coatings. The multi coated lenses are for hunting and the clear coated lens do not reduce light input. Read how to determine which power you should order first with the instructions in testing with a white piece of paper on their website below.
Sniper Central has a terrific review which mentions that the eye relief IS REDUCED so if you are shooting a large bore "Thumper" you may want to think about that. The cross hairs or dot/markings are also magnified as well as the target. All in all the reviews from serious shooters especially with older eyes is that the BulzEyePro makes the target and the reticule sharper and clearer. They offer a direct fit screw in for some scopes that have a threaded eye piece such as Leopold and I believe a couple of others. Scopes that do not have a threaded eye piece use the one with the tight stretch rubber fitting that will fit most eyepieces and they show the sizes it will work on.
I think I will have to order the 3X or 3.5X one. They will gladly exchange it for you as they want you to be happy and tell you friends your happy with them.

Sniper Central review;
Quote fro S.C. Review about eye relief with a larger caliber rifle;
" Without the booster attached and the scope set on 9x my crude measuring showed the eye relief to be 3.75" at its shortest. I then attached the booster leaving it at max power (9x on the scope, near 12x in theory with the booster) and measured it again. The eye relief was 2.875", almost a full inch shorter. I set the power ring on 7x which puts the boosted power close to 9x to compare the eye relief at the same power, and it was just short of 3", a full .75" shorter than normal. Now, this was with our one sample scope we tested it on, a Leupold VX-2 3-9x, and admittedly a fairly crude measuring method, but it is still significant enough to be noticed and it would be a problem with this scope with a light rifle chambered in a magnum cartridge."

http://www.snipercentral.com/booster.phtml

BulzEyePro web site.

http://www.bulzeyepro.com/optical-boosters.php

Bulzeyepro U-Tube complete information video with sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxL5x_L3d5Q

What I like is you can use you existing scope if it's decent for 100 yard or whatever, add the adapter for long distance shooting or varmint hunting, remove it for close in in the woods or whatever your situation requires. You will need to sight in when you do that though.
They say the 3X Competition clear adapter will magnify 30% to 50% so taking the average or 40% a 12X scope may seem like a 16.8X approx.
The 3.5X adapter 35% to 55% so average of 45% a 12X scope would look like a 17.4X scope, my 20X max really 19.5X max would look like a 28.28 X. The 4X booster 40% to 60% so an average of 50% would boost a 12X to something like 18X and my 19.5X max to around 29.25 X and set at 6.5X it would look like 9.75X or so. So for the Competition Booster with universal mounting and Ultra Brite Lens They are talking 3X $105, 3.5X $115 and 4X $125 plus shipping.

Pete K.

ICUDIEN
08-11-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks guys I will have to think about one of those!

lal357
08-12-2010, 06:16 PM
i bought a 3x a few months ago to use until i can get a new scope worked ok the main problem i had was that the crosshairs enlarged to the point they covered the 1" dot @ 100 yards .not the adapters fault it was the scopes thick crosshair (was on a vector 10x mil dot ) just for the heck of it i put it on my vortex 8x32 power crossfire scope (the replacement ) worked great since the hair are on the 2nd ffp for now i just swap it from scope to scope (back on original scope that i put on my ar-15 ) . would i get another one yes works good as long as your not trying to shoot bug holes @ 100yrds with a thick crosshaired scope .

Pete K.
08-12-2010, 11:39 PM
i bought a 3x a few months ago to use until i can get a new scope worked ok the main problem i had was that the crosshairs enlarged to the point they covered the 1" dot @ 100 yards .not the adapters fault it was the scopes thick crosshair (was on a vector 10x mil dot ) just for the heck of it i put it on my vortex 8x32 power crossfire scope (the replacement ) worked great since the hair are on the 2nd ffp for now i just swap it from scope to scope (back on original scope that i put on my ar-15 ) . would i get another one yes works good as long as your not trying to shoot bug holes @ 100yrds with a thick crosshaired scope .

So tell us a little more as to what you found when using the 3X on the 8X32 Vortex. The 3x supposedly increases the image between 30% to 50%. Does your Vortex have the fine cross hair reticule? What type of magnifications where you getting and at what power setting? Tell us about it please.
The reason I'm asking is that I am considering purchasing one in 3.5X. With the Monarch UCC 6.5 X 19.5 when set at max with fine cross hair & 1/8" target dot I can move the dot all around inside a 2" red dot at 100 but I want to be able to go back to 1" because I like to be under moa and 1" @ 100 works out nice. I suppose it doesn't matter what size the target is if your shooting for group size as long as you can see it easily and clearly.

Pete K.