PDA

View Full Version : What's Going on with Boyd's?

Pages : 1 [2]

nobody
10-13-2016, 10:49 AM
I ordered a custom Pro Varmint with the adjustable cheekpiece for my Model 12FCV .223 Sept. 19th.
Boyd's told me I would get by the end of October.
UPS tells me it will be here this Wednesday, Oct. 12th
when i get home i will post pictures. got a tablet i use in chattanooga. it to two weeks to get my provarmint sky laminute with the adjustable cheek piece. i made my pillars and drilled the stock out. i put the pillars on the action and bedded them to the stock, then glass bedded it.

if you look in the other related rifle items section i have a picture on the muzzle brake thread. i put a witt machine muzzle brake on it. i'm going to order a provarmint in blaze with the adjustable cheek piece for my fv 12 staggered mag rifle around the middle of the month. i might even order a muzzle brake for the .223 also!! it's fun when they just sit there when you sqeeze te trigger you know. use the rifle scope to spot your own shots as you make them.

The Coach
10-13-2016, 01:32 PM
when i get home i will post pictures. got a tablet i use in chattanooga. it to two weeks to get my provarmint sky laminute with the adjustable cheek piece. i made my pillars and drilled the stock out. i put the pillars on the action and bedded them to the stock, then glass bedded it.
The brown Santa dropped off my stock yesterday. Spent the night fitting it.

I'm sending the rifle to CDI Precision next week for bottom metal and pillar bedding.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee127/splittherapy/223%20ProVarmint%20R.jpg (http://s228.photobucket.com/user/splittherapy/media/223%20ProVarmint%20R.jpg.html)

nobody
10-13-2016, 08:48 PM
that brown santa is stopping by my house all the time. stocks, barrels, all kinds of gun related stuff. i always love to see it coming. wish the biggest part of the stuff he dropped off was mine saddly.

did you use a 20 m.o.a. base on your set up? i have started putting them on everything i do for people from now on out. i use weaverbecause they are a little cheaper and cost affectve unless somebody askes for a different brand.

The Coach
10-13-2016, 10:52 PM
did you use a 20 m.o.a. base on your set up?
No it has an EGW 0 MOA rail. The scope is an SWFA SS 3-15x42 mil/mil. It has all the elevation this rifle will ever need.

nobody
10-17-2016, 07:37 PM
i understand. i still put 20 m.o.a. bases on everything now. habbit i guess.