PDA

View Full Version : Ejection still poor after detent ball change

Maine-iac
09-08-2016, 08:32 PM
Ok I ordered a pack of 9/64 ball bearings in hopes it would solve my "lack of ejection" I am experiencing with a pair of Model 14's. Unfortunately it did not help. One rifle does manage to get the round slightly over the side wall occasionally but my other saw no improvement with the round just falling on top of the next one. What should I try next? New extractor?

LongRange
09-08-2016, 08:42 PM
Pull you ejector and stretch that spring a little then put it back together and try it...also make sure both holes and springs are clean.

Maine-iac
09-08-2016, 08:58 PM
Thanks longRange. No luck though. I think I will have to try and get my hands on a couple Ejector Upgrade Kits. I have read good feedback about them. However they sound hard to come by.

short round
09-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Look in the FAQ,s Savage 110 & Axis Specific, How to lengthen an ejector.

LongRange
09-08-2016, 09:52 PM
You could buy stiffer spring as well...the SSS upgrade extractor/ejector kits are really nice but like you say hard to come by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maine-iac
09-09-2016, 05:22 AM
I had thought about a stiffer spring. I guess I dont know where to go spring shopping or how to judge a "stiffer" spring.

LongRange
09-09-2016, 07:29 AM
try the local gun smith if you have one near you.

Maine-iac
09-09-2016, 08:05 AM
Ok thanks for the info and input. Things are much better this morning. I guess I should of known better but my results were based on my rifles ejecting snap caps. This morning I headed outside with live rounds and some empty brass. The results were far better. The loaded rounds ejected cleanly over the side with no issues but more importantly the empty brass ejected strongly a good 8"-10" clear. My bad. I should of know the snap caps are not a good test for ejecting. The change in detent ball did greatly improve my results after all!!!!