PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd drop in.....

SidecarFlip
09-07-2016, 04:20 PM
Greeting everyone...

Been dabbling in the shooting sports for a lot of years now, hunting and informal target shooting. I own everything from Smith and Wesson handguns to Husqvarna Rifles (Mauser action) to Rugers to Savages. Most of my bolt rifles are Savages or Savage actions rebarrelled with 308 my go to caliber for short to medium range hunting (500 yards or less) and big bore Savage 11 Long Range Hunters for distances over 500 yards.

I handload everything, rarely shoot factory ammunition and I prefer Berger VLD bullets for most if my hunting, with Sierra coming in second. I'm a dedicated follower of of Walt Berger, Brian Litz school of thought concerning jumping for accuracy.

I typically hunt out west for big game and up north on my northern Michigan property for bear, whitetail and turkey.. I possess my own private 250 yard shooting range where I can develop custom loads for rifles and pistols.

Thought I's drop by and maybe pick up some pointers and knowledge or maybe help someone else out. Been fiddling with firearms in general for a long time

drybean
09-07-2016, 04:47 PM
Welcome aboard

SidecarFlip
09-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Welcome aboard

Looks to be a good forum. Looking forward to tapping the knowledge base...

Rick_W
09-07-2016, 08:19 PM
Welcome

Hotolds442
09-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Welcome!