PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to turn my internal magazine well into a single shot

lal357
09-04-2016, 12:44 PM
Like it says I'm wanting to fill in the internal magazine well into a single shot and add some lead in it to make it heavier(for open rifle so I single feed it ) but not sure how the bullet will pick up to chamber right now it is has a single shot sled in the magazine. This is on a 110 6.5 Creedmoor build I have built years ago and just change the stock out to a boyds pro varmint with adjustable cheek rest (also adding adjustable button plate) .
Anyone ever tried this thinking decon since I will be installing pillars at the same time

FW Conch
09-05-2016, 09:09 AM
IMO, the best way to single feed a Savage is to use the SSS Single Shot follower. Then You could fill the well with lead shot, put a thin layer of Epoxy on top, and bed the action down. It would be removable if You want to use a Magazine later.

Another way to add some weight and stiffness, add the Whidden V Block for the Target Action. The SSS Follower would have to be shaped on the bottom to match the action, to sit flush on the V block.

Nor Cal Mikie
09-05-2016, 10:10 AM
I did exactly the same thing with a center feed action. Single Shot adaptor from SSS, fitted and secured after I made sure the round would feed the way I wanted it too, added lead shot in a plastic bag to fill the mag well. The action keeps it in place. If you want weight, a better solution would be a solid block. Much heavier than shot. If it's not what you want, pull the action and remove the bag.