PDA

View Full Version : B-Mag Series: New B Mag owner...

Streetwalker
08-31-2016, 05:13 PM
Walmart is closing out the skinny barrel model for half price. $154 + tax for me. Picked it up yesterday. Now I just need to get a scope and rings.

Lonewulf
09-01-2016, 08:38 AM
tasco 6-24x42 on my Bmag skinny, Barska 8-32x50 on my HB stainless B-Mag
I do not need high dollar scopes and these work very well

SavRimfire
09-01-2016, 09:47 AM
Wallymart typically has Weaver Quad lock rings for around $10 and they're a pretty good set of rings for not a lot of money. Medium height should work fine for you.

There's been mixed reviews as to how well the Bmag's shoot, especially the skinny barrel versions, but keep in mind that if for some reason it doesn't shoot worth a d*mn, Savage tech support is always very helpful with getting things sorta out and they have no problem sending out prepaid shipping labels so you can send it back, at their expense, and they'll do what they can to fix it. I know people that sent their Bmag back multiple times before they got one back that shot well, some, never were able to get theirs to shoot and Savage ended up refunding their money so keep your receipt just in case.

Streetwalker
09-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Thanks.

I read on another forum that Savage will do a barrel swap. If this doesn't shoot I may look into that.

Lonewulf
09-01-2016, 08:04 PM
My skinny does not do bad and will shoot about 1 - 1-1/2 groups at 100 or so
My HB stainless is a tack driver but had to send it in to start with and they made me a new rifle, I could not hit a 4 foot piece of card board at 50 feet and they were all side ways hits