PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Basics Savage 2

FW Conch
08-29-2016, 08:23 AM
I'm opening this thread because the subject has moved to this trigger.

As I said in the other thread, installed out of the box at 30zs, this trigger is completely safe. I can't do anything to make it fire without pulling the trigger. But we arn't forking out this money for 30ozs. So My journey continues.

Gonna find the nearest PC today so I can view the CD Rom instructional video.

There is a great need for YouTube junkies to do a presentation on the RB Sav 2 installation. Here's Your chance Guy's. Please Help! If Rifle Basics did it, it might even help them sell some triggers?

"The Party Never Ends!" :-)...Jim

bsekf
08-29-2016, 09:10 AM
I was hot to trot to buy a RB Savage 2, then the more I read the more I decided Fred's SSS trigger is just as good and I know how to install and adjust them. Looking forward to the comments on this post.

Bill "so many toys, so little time"

FW Conch
08-29-2016, 09:30 AM
^ "so little time" ^ ain't dat da truth! :-)

FW Conch
08-29-2016, 08:55 PM
Found a place today to run the video. But no sound :-(. Cost me 5 Bucks. Don't know if it was their equipment or the disk?

I figured out enough without the sound to install the "Red" spring. That dropped the pull weight from 30ozs to 10ozs. I played with it a little
and got it as low as 8ozs at one point. Then I took the creep out, and it settled in at a constant 10ozs. No bump fire, no slam fire :-).

I got enough from the video to know there is a lot more to it than this.

But that"s enough for today...Jim

Blackthorn
08-29-2016, 09:12 PM
You didn't miss anything without sound, but your right about a YouTube video. They really need one or update their DVD. A set of printed instructions would have been good too............

I recently bought one and set to where I like it at 12oz. I've installed plenty of Timneys so I was somewhat familiar with the various set screw set up so it was easy to install. Shot it on Sunday and was very pleased.

FW Conch
08-29-2016, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I couldn't help Myself and worked with it some more. I figured out which was the Safety screw and which was the Overtravel screw. Got them adjusted. Safety works, no creep, minimal over travel, 10oz pull. Not bad for now :-)

And it won't bump or slam fire.

foxx
08-29-2016, 10:00 PM
If you got that far, that's about all you needed from the video.

Now just play around with the different pivot points on the levers so as to get it where you want it.

Dennis
08-30-2016, 05:51 AM
The SAV-2 DVD is outdated.

I have the most recent instructions on paper. PM your email address and I will send the instructions to you.

Installing the trigger is simple.

Dennis

FW Conch
08-30-2016, 07:55 AM
PM sent...THANKS DENNIS ! :-))

FW Conch
08-30-2016, 02:53 PM
A big THANKS out to Dennis for emailing Me the written instructions !

With this additional information, I got the pull weight down to 8ozs.

Then I lubricated the sear step. This alone dropped the pull weight to 4ozs. This step should be done before attempting to set pull weight, IMO.

I think I'm now at the point, as foxx suggested, where I can work with the trigger and decide what I really need and want.

At the moment, I'm thinking 8ozs will suit My needs. But we shall see.

reaper06
08-30-2016, 06:33 PM
Congrats!!!!

243LPR
08-30-2016, 07:23 PM
I have extra dvd"s if you'd like one.

FW Conch
08-31-2016, 12:05 AM
Thanks "243", but I'm more comfortable with the written instructions Dennis sent Me :-).

Dennis
09-02-2016, 04:57 AM
The written instructions "are" the latest. The DVD is outdated and will be soon deleted from the kit.

Anyone need the current written instructions, feel free to email me for a copy.

Dennis