PDA

View Full Version : Gun collections - FLOODED in Louisiana

Dennis
08-27-2016, 05:47 PM
As most everyone knows, SE Louisiana was hit by record rains which flooded around 90% of the homes in the South East Area of our State.

We are use to storms, but this one caught "everyone" by surprise. The storm stopped and dumped over 30" of rain in about a 50 mile radius in less than 3 days. It really wasn't a storm, just a system passing through as normal. We are calling it the "Perfect Storm" as it just stopped in it's tracks and the rain never let up. Our rivers and drainage systems could not handle that much rain water. Peoples homes who have NEVER seen water had it up the ceiling if not completely covered. In my Parish/County, it's estimate we have around 110,000 homes, 92,000 plus were flooded. Over 75% of these homes didn't have Flood Insurance. They were not in a flood zone.

COMPARISION: Katrina in 2005 only dumped 13" in the same area in 2005. Most damage from Katrina was caused by the wind and mainly affected the New Orleans area where the dams gave in.

I have been contacted by several people who's gun collections were flooded. A few had over 200 guns in their collection.

Does someone know who will restore these guns, or make recommendations. Some are collector items, the rest varies including pistols.

I don't know anyone who can handle this amount of guns, but I have never had to look until now.

The owners are willing to bring them to someone in the lower 48 to get them restored as best possible.

If you have information that can help us, please PM me or email 6brx(@)cox.net

Myself and a few other people are going to handle a few, but there's thousands to be worked on.

In advance, I appreciate any help or advice you can give us.

Dennis

Hemi45
08-27-2016, 09:52 PM
That sucks, I wish your friends the best of luck with restorations! I do not know who can do the work you seek but I can suggest peace of mind for anyone concerned about their own collection. I live in Hurricane Alley and could experience a similar event and loss. My collection, inclusive of ammo, is insured by Collectibles Insurance with a 25K policy that costs less than $200 annually. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I don't have any heirlooms but I sleep better knowing what I do have money tied up in is protected.

psharon97
08-28-2016, 09:03 PM
I had these folks do my cerekote 260 build. They did outstanding work. I'd check them out.

http://www.oakridgecustomfinishing.com/