PDA

View Full Version : New Guy to the forum

2Bonosc
08-25-2016, 12:06 AM
Hi everyone I'm glad to be here. I'm a fireman in a city in the NorthEast , Martial artist,family man and have been into shooting and hunting for the last ten years or so. I own a Savage 110E series K 30-06 which I recently purchased and have a Savage 22LR MkII (Which has an awful trigger but is a true tack driver).I also refurbished an old Stevens Favorite 1915, and a favorite 1894 (or 6 I forget).This forum page has been very helpful on info in the past and it is appreciated. Hopefully, with my minimal experience I might be able to help someone also. My latest project is a true mystery to me. A very beat up 110E series K (series K and this gun's mfg date)is the mystery. Well, I stripped the whole thing down and sanded the stock to bare wood and have just applied 6 or 7 coats of Tru oil on it and it looks OK but a little on the light side. It will be purely for Deer hunting so it will be banged around so perfection is not the goal. The Bore is beautiful and the trigger is light and crisp...which shocked me . I heard most older Savages had a 6lb trigger like my MKII. The butt plate was missing so I got a reasonable facsimile from Ebay and sanded the chipped butt stock area and the new butt pad together and it came out fairly nice. The gun has no front sight and numerich and ebay has various types but im not sure exactly which should fix this particular model, but we'll see. The weapon cost $225.00 frm Gunbroker and no shipping because the gun store was right down the road from me. Anyway I didn't intend this to be long winded but I Love the Savage firearms and look forward to talking to you folks in the future.

drybean
08-25-2016, 09:08 AM
Welcome aboard

2Bonosc
08-25-2016, 02:21 PM
Thank you.

Rick_W
08-25-2016, 03:59 PM
Welcome

devildogandboy
08-25-2016, 08:13 PM
welcome aboard.