PDA

View Full Version : 110 .270 MagazinrFeed Issue

Shelby1115
08-22-2016, 12:38 AM
Picked up a used 110 .270 at a show this weekend. Got it home and cleaned real good and picked up a box of ammo to try it out. Its got an internal blind 4 round magazine. Problem is that it doesnt want to feed the rounds from the magazine. The bolt just seems to slide right over them. I was able to get it to pick up the rounds by putting a little pressure on the front of the round as I slide the bolt. But I need to find out whats the problem Nd how to fix it...Any suggestions?CA

Wildcat
08-22-2016, 08:59 PM
Shelby,
You mention your bolt slides over rounds in the magazine. When you "a little pressure on the front of the round", did the base raise up enough to be caught by the edge of bolt and pushed forward into the chamber? If so, perhaps it could it be as simple as replacing the existing magazine spring attached to the bottom of the follower with a new one to raise the loaded rounds just a little higher in the magazine. The other thing that immediately comes to mind is tweaking the magazine feed lips slightly to raise the rounds a little higher. There are probably other possible causes and remedies, but I tried to start with the simplest things first. I'm sure others with much more experience and knowledge than me will chime in to help you out.

Good luck!

Haiku_Rodney
08-22-2016, 09:10 PM
I had to "tweak" the feed lips on my 110 and 11 to consistently feed from the magazine.

keeki
08-23-2016, 01:30 AM
Centerfeed or staggerfeed?

handirifle
08-23-2016, 03:00 PM
If it's an old stagger feed, take the stock off to have a look see. Years back when I bought my '06 used, off the net, it did the same thing. Pulled the stock off and the mag well fell in my hands. Someone before had removed the mag well and obviously didn't know how to get it back in the notches in the receiver. I popped it back in the notches and worked perfectly.

Worth a look.