PDA

View Full Version : Is there any SavageShooters.com merchandise?

Lee in Texas
08-19-2016, 03:21 AM
Coffee mug? Bumper sticker? Anything?

(Couldn't find a way to post a new thread on the Site Information board.)

I like the site. I got a paid membership, planning to list a few parts for sale. Within minutes, I had made a deal to buy a complete rifle. :thumb:

J.Baker
08-19-2016, 04:03 AM
Not at present. I have offered some stuff in the past but the demand was never there to warrant making it a regular thing. First go around I think I sold 200-250 decals. Second time around we might have reached 150 decals. T-shirts and the like never moved well simply because we used Cafe` Press and their markup is so ridiculous that even if I set my profit to zero everything was still over priced for what it was. Hard to justify wrapping up a bunch of money ordering a quantity of t-shirts to get a better price when in three years I sold less than a dozen.

That said, I would like to offer some basics like a nice t-shirt and embroidered hat one of these days, but finances being what they've been the last couple years it's not going to happen anytime soon. Only way to get a half-way decent price is to order a large quantity and I can't afford to tie a good chunk of money up in inventory for the next 3-5 years hoping it sells through.

Hotolds442
08-19-2016, 10:49 AM
I got a paid membership, planning to list a few parts for sale. Within minutes, I had made a deal to buy a complete rifle. :thumb:
And so it begins....

J.Baker
08-19-2016, 01:18 PM
Beware the classifieds! They're addicting and have separated many a man from his paycheck over the years. haha

twarren
08-19-2016, 06:29 PM
Beware the classifieds! They're addicting and have separated many a man from his paycheck over the years. haha

Ain't that the truth.

Nor Cal Mikie
08-19-2016, 06:38 PM
Oh Thee of little willpower!!

EFBell
08-19-2016, 07:17 PM
I went from 2 savage rifles to like 14 at peak. Not sure how many right now. Happy is the man that cant count his rifles...

DrThunder88
08-20-2016, 08:39 PM
I ran the hat pin sale at Surplus Rifle Forum for a few years. One thing I learned is not to think about trying to make even money over the course of the sale. Think about how many units you will be able to sell in the first month or two and price according to that. For example, I'd buy 200 pins for $1.70 a piece ($340 total). If I figured I could sell 75 in the first month or so, then my target income per pin would need to be $340 divided by 75 or $4.53. I could then add the shipping charge to that amount and get my price per pin. In this approach every pin I sold after the 75th pin would be profit. I'd still have to pay shipping, but the pins would, at that point, already be paid for.

That said, it was never a very effective fundraiser. It always more than broke even, but not to the extent anyone hoped for. The most I brought in for a specific design was $180, and that was a pin that had been on sale for three years. For the $575 that I had taken in, I had to spend almost $400. Oh, and I still have hundreds of hat pins left, but that's an annoyance because they take up space not because I have any money tied up in them.

The decals you're speaking of aren't those awful "Calvin" peeing on something-designs, were they?

J.Baker
08-20-2016, 10:13 PM
The decals you're speaking of aren't those awful "Calvin" peeing on something-designs, were they?

Why you always hating on Chief Calvin? LOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/MrFurious45833/Calvin.jpg

Still have a few of those left, and a bunch of the small barrel nut logo ones left from the last run. You and one other person are the only one's to ever voice any disdain for the Calvin decals and they proved to be the best seller in both runs I did. That said, I liked the red & yellow version from the first run a lot better than the red & gray version above from the second run (screw-up on the printers part).

DrThunder88
08-21-2016, 09:01 AM
This probably isn't the place to go over everything I dislike about it, but ultimately I can't argue with popularity. I could argue about popularity, but that wouldn't be helpful either!

The barrel nut and bolt face design is exceptional. I can see how it might be seen as a bit similar to the AR15.com logo (I don't know which came first), but that too is such a brilliantly simple, unique design that I'd be hard pressed to find any criticism for it. I came up with this (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/DrThunder88/media/SRF%20Pin%20Ideas%20-%20Unused/srfmauserfinal.png.html?sort=3&o=15) as an imitation for SRF, but it never made it into a pin, sticker, or anything.

J.Baker
08-21-2016, 03:43 PM
The AR15.com logo came first, and is actually what got me to thinking about and ultimately led to my designing the barrel nut logo for here.

I know the Calvin decal isn't for everyone, it was never meant to be. It's just humorous and whimsical for those who like such things or want to have a little fun with their shooting buddies.