PDA

View Full Version : Savage brass

tomon
08-17-2016, 08:08 AM
I bought some mixed fired 25-20 Winchester brass to reload and shoot through my 23B. When prepping it, I discovered 6 pieces with the headstamp "Savage 25-20 HP". Would these be rare/collectable/desirable? What would a value be, if so? Thank you in advance for your comments!

darkker
08-17-2016, 09:27 AM
Savage branded ammo stopped production around 1963.

Over at gunauction someone sold a box of that ammo still loaded, went for $3.

Find some other poor soul that still has a 25-20, and he may be willing to pay for it.

Robinhood
08-17-2016, 02:10 PM
Surely the powder was thrown not weighed.

yobuck
08-17-2016, 03:51 PM
Surely the powder was thrown not weighed.

Now that was just a wee bit of a low punch lol.
Anyway he probably did a better job explaining his point, than he did getting everybody to understand it. (Myself included)
And as a rule, we tend to trash that which we have little knowledge or understanding of.

Robinhood
08-17-2016, 07:06 PM
Yo, Im not trashing it or darrker. I have seen most long range shooters abandon it though. A little ribbing is a good thing sometimes. If it makes the rubbie smile. As an apprentice I didn't take to ribbing very much. As a journeyman it makes me smile.

tomon
08-18-2016, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the info! I have 100 pc made from 32-20, and another 50 old Rem-UMC. As to the ones sold on Gunauction, Manny probably bought it back, and will sell it again! I was a seller there until he started with the Monkey Shines, and shut the forum down.

darkker
08-20-2016, 11:55 AM
I have seen most long range shooters abandon it though.

And I have seen most professional athletes not wash a certain article of clothing during winning streaks.

Pack mentality and superstition has no inherent tie to factual scientific evidence, and should never be confused as such.