PDA

View Full Version : Liberty gun safes

chetc
08-16-2016, 05:27 PM
well its time for another gun safe, been looking at the Liberty Fatboy series 64 gun model Gander Mountain has them on sale for 1799.00, any comments or suggestions on a better deal elsewhere

Chet

cowtownup
08-16-2016, 05:30 PM
I was looking at the Fatboy JR when I bought mine... If I get another one I'll go to a taller RSC...

MasterOfPupets
08-16-2016, 05:37 PM
I've got a liberty safe. Not that model (entry level 24-gun) but I'm very happy with it. For the price, they can't be beat

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

chetc
08-16-2016, 05:44 PM
can you be more specific by the taller model RSC, i cannot seem to find it

Chet

LongRange
08-16-2016, 08:02 PM
Might want to watch this before you decide...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sGr4Q16sb2E

chetc
08-16-2016, 10:16 PM
are you saying this is the only brand that can be opened as the video shows, any suggestions..

LongRange
08-16-2016, 10:57 PM
No nothing is bomb proof and yes there are better choices but it depends on how much you want to spend and how worried you are about what's in the safe...I own a liberty safe and like the guy in the video said they are cheap...a sawzal would cut one open in a mater on minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chetc
08-19-2016, 09:30 AM
i was looking online the is a company called Steelwater gunsafes, anyone ever deal with them

Chet

LongRange
08-20-2016, 07:20 AM
the steel waters are cheap safes as well...that dont mean they are bad it just means that they are cheaply made.

im not sure what your looking for in a safe but if you have the money and want one of the best safes made look at the fort knox safes but remember locks,safes,alarms ECT are deterrents not a guarantee.

Richard
12-04-2016, 02:32 AM
I know this thread is a few months old , but was wondering what safe you purchased ? I've been doing a lot of reading lately , from what I've found , most safes in the sub $1000.00 range are made in China , I've narrowed mine down to Tracker Safe , they're fairly local to me . If money wasn't the issue , id be all over https://www.sturdysafe.com

bearcatrp
12-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Just make sure whichever you get, if you get one with a digital keypad, make sure it has the option to remove and use a key to open. My brother learned the hard way when his keypad died in 6 months. Had to get a smith and install a old fashion turning type. I have a different one but my keypad died in about 6 months. I just use the key to open mine.

Richard
12-04-2016, 04:29 PM
Key pads are not what I want , I almost bought one from coastal on the Black Friday sale , the key pad was a deal breaker for me , it had no key back up !

big honkin jeep
12-04-2016, 04:37 PM
If someone breaks into your house and opens your safe (even a cheap one) using force, Then you either put too much on display or told the wrong person way too much information. The average burglar isn't getting into a properly installed safe period. They're most often gonna grab your big screen and things they can grab quick and haul away easily, stuff they can pawn sell quick, and then get outa dodge.
The odds of burglars equipped and knowledgeable enough to open a safe they did not expect to encounter are so small as to be almost non existent.
Unfortunately the most common way serious criminals do use to open a safe (again even a cheap one) is violence against the owner. And even then they know what they're after before committing the crime.
The odds of the average homeowner ever needing something more than the equivalent of a locked couple of hundred pound steel box wrapped in sheet rock are very slim and none.
Just for those that don't know the most common fire resistant material used in the majority of safes is nothing more than fire resistant sheetrock.
Just a few more things to think about.
This being said I think Tractor Supply company and Academy Sports usually have Cannon safes on sale this time of year for about half the price of the Liberty you quoted.
Good luck

LongRange
12-04-2016, 06:46 PM
I agree with BHJ....also if there's a big R near you they have smokin deals on safes right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearcatrp
12-05-2016, 09:50 AM
If someone breaks into your house and opens your safe (even a cheap one) using force, Then you either put too much on display or told the wrong person way too much information. The average burglar isn't getting into a properly installed safe period. They're most often gonna grab your big screen and things they can grab quick and haul away easily, stuff they can pawn sell quick, and then get outa dodge.
The odds of burglars equipped and knowledgeable enough to open a safe they did not expect to encounter are so small as to be almost non existent.
Unfortunately the most common way serious criminals do use to open a safe (again even a cheap one) is violence against the owner. And even then they know what they're after before committing the crime.
The odds of the average homeowner ever needing something more than the equivalent of a locked couple of hundred pound steel box wrapped in sheet rock are very slim and none.
Just for those that don't know the most common fire resistant material used in the majority of safes is nothing more than fire resistant sheetrock.
Just a few more things to think about.
This being said I think Tractor Supply company and Academy Sports usually have Cannon safes on sale this time of year for about half the price of the Liberty you quoted.
Good luck
My brother got his from tractor supply on a sweet deal.

sleepy
12-05-2016, 11:24 AM
I considered buying one from Tractor Supply but decided there was no way I wanted an electronic lock. Those could end up costing a lot more than the savings on the safe.
Ended up with a S&G in a Liberty. Never heard of those giving any trouble.

psharon97
12-06-2016, 10:57 AM
When I do move, I'm going to get a Champion Untouchable safe. I know I'll be buy a $7400 safe, but I also have to consider the value of my guns and what's on them. 2 things one shouldn't skimp on: glass and a safe.