PDA

View Full Version : Magazine questions

dawg4life
08-14-2016, 10:21 PM
Hey guys it's been a few minutes but I have a few questions, maybe sombody can answer.

I have a build I'm working on and need to order some magazines. My build is a 28 Nosler and I'm using a hs precision stock to put it in. Does anybody know what size mag the 28 Nosler uses? I can't find any information about magazine size. I also have a 338 Lapua 110 FCP HS that I'm trying to find a way to get rid of the mag because my long range loads are too long to fit in the magazine. Is there any way to delete the mag well? Possibly change it over to a blind mag or does anybody make a short magazine to fit it so I could just have a flush magazine in there for when I single feed it? Finally will a regular 110 action fit in a stock that came off of a 110 FCP HS? I bought the stock off a friend that also has a 110 FCP HS and was planning on using it for the 28 Nosler as long as it fits. I tried a test fit and it felt a little loose. Anyone know???

J.Baker
08-14-2016, 10:42 PM
Good question on the mag. With a .550" body dia. it matches the WSM family, but that's a short-action mag so no dice. All the long-action magnums Savage chambers for are belted (0.532") and the feed lips will be closer together in the front so not sure if they can be made to work or not. I know there are a few here who have played with the 26 Nosler so hopefully one will chime in with some more helpful info.

As for the .338 Lapua mag, would a single-shot adapter work for you? I know Fred at Sharp Shooter Supply offers a Loading Ramp for the .338 to fill the mag port in the action, but he doesn't offer the Fred Sled for the .338 that works in place of the factory DBM.

http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/LoadingRamps.html

dawg4life
08-14-2016, 10:53 PM
Do they make a single shot adapter for the dbm? That would be perfect it they do. Do you have a link to his site?

I've been searching high and low for 28 nosler info and it's just not out there.

J.Baker
08-15-2016, 11:42 PM
Not for long action or .338 LM mag lengths they don't. Link is in the previous post above.

JW
08-19-2016, 06:35 AM
I am not sure if this will help but here it is
I built a 26 nosler using a 300 win mag stagger feed
I had to work a lot with the fed lips on the mag to get it to work
Only 2 rds would fit in the mag and still work properly

Jack