PDA

View Full Version : Accutrigger swap

Ratbuster
08-14-2016, 04:10 PM
I am buying a Cabelas 12 FV which I believe comes with a silver bladed accutrigger. Is it possible to switch that out for a Target accutrigger?

RC20
08-15-2016, 01:16 PM
My understanding is you can convert it with a Target sear and spring.

Also requires a letter of release to Savage and contact with them for the parts. i.e. not available for general sale.

Right now I am good with 2 lbs set on mine. I have had it down further, a bit too touch for me at 1.5 (and erratic trigger ops)

Good idea to pain the silver orange or red if you make that swap.

Ratbuster
08-15-2016, 11:11 PM
My understanding is you can convert it with a Target sear and spring.

Also requires a letter of release to Savage and contact with them for the parts. i.e. not available for general sale.

Right now I am good with 2 lbs set on mine. I have had it down further, a bit too touch for me at 1.5 (and erratic trigger ops)

Good idea to pain the silver orange or red if you make that swap.

I want to remove the existing silver bladed trigger assembly and install a target trigger (red blade) in it's place as I will have an extra target Accutrigger soon. Is this just a simple swap or the actions designed differently to preclude this swap?

Thanks for your thoughts!

FLATGUNPHIL
08-15-2016, 11:28 PM
Why not look at a SharpShootersSupply trigger? They make them for the Accu-trigger...
http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

Hope this helps,
Phil

foxx
08-15-2016, 11:46 PM
Assuming you have the right sear and other parts, it will work. Trigger-wise, the actions are the same.

J.Baker
08-15-2016, 11:50 PM
As noted above, the SEAR is the key to swapping in a Target AccuTrigger. So if you remove it from one action and want to install it on another, you'll need to transfer the sear over as well.

Robinhood
08-16-2016, 02:07 AM
I thought the red blade was what made it all better.

RC20
08-16-2016, 11:50 AM
I want to remove the existing silver bladed trigger assembly and install a target trigger (red blade) in it's place as I will have an extra target Accutrigger soon. Is this just a simple swap or the actions designed differently to preclude this swap?

I believe you can do that, but not sure if Savage will sell you the whole Acu Target. If they do what is the cost?

While I like the Acu trigger a lot, if the cost is more than a Timny or some of the other options, then you are better off going with the other options, those triggers are better, for me its just that I am more than happy with the acu trigger and don't want to spend another 100+ for 10 or 15% better.

indianasavage
08-16-2016, 07:28 PM
My 12FV is a reliable 1.5 lbs. when adjusted down. I'm happy with it. This is coming from a guy that also shoots a Calvin Elite in a Rem 700 at 10 oz.. I'm not sure why you would want to spend serious time and money on a slightly improved trigger for this rifle.

Ratbuster
08-18-2016, 03:11 AM
My 12FV is a reliable 1.5 lbs. when adjusted down. I'm happy with it. This is coming from a guy that also shoots a Calvin Elite in a Rem 700 at 10 oz.. I'm not sure why you would want to spend serious time and money on a slightly improved trigger for this rifle.

I have an extra Target Acutrigger and wanted to know if I could remove the silver bladed standard acutrigger from the 12 FV and install it in its place

RC20
08-18-2016, 02:15 PM
I believe that would work. Have not done it, so some uncertainty. Try it, get snap cap to test reliability and let us know the results.

bodywerks
08-20-2016, 09:25 AM
So you just want the blade because it's color is different? I'm not seeing the benefit here whatsoever. Nobody cares what color your trigger blade is.
There are far better trigger options out there, anyway. SSS comp trigger, if you can find one...

bodywerks
08-20-2016, 09:26 AM
If you are talking about the entire trigger, you need to swap the sear as well, as has been stated.

RC20
08-20-2016, 01:34 PM
So you just want the blade because it's color is different? I'm not seeing the benefit here whatsoever. Nobody cares what color your trigger blade is.
There are far better trigger options out there, anyway. SSS comp trigger, if you can find one...

Maybe I am missing something but I believe the OP states he has a complete spare acu target and wants to put that on the gun.

If its a complete swap, the sear (or so I think) comes with the trigger, or goes with the trigger however you want to characterize it.

RC20
08-20-2016, 02:22 PM
I am buying a Cabelas 12 FV which I believe comes with a silver bladed accutrigger. Is it possible to switch that out for a Target accutrigger?

Hotolds442 has a wonderful breakdown of the three acu triggers and their parts numbers.

I went over this again (and got a printout and DOC file).

The only parts that change are the sear and spring, so the Accu Target should fit in just fine.

Sear pin is a different PN and not sure why but its all part of that assembly you want to transfer so should not affect it.