PDA

View Full Version : Recommend scope mounts for 12LRPV with left port

gkgeiger
08-12-2016, 08:47 AM
I think I'd like a one piece mount. If you have this gun, what are you using? Thanks,

Iowa Fox
08-12-2016, 01:12 PM
My 2 cents - a EGW 0 base with Burris XTR signature rings. The inserts supplied with the rings will give you up to 40 moa just by using inserts and your not going to find a scope that can use that much unless its a SWFA. If your scope will let you mount the rings 4.75 center to center the MOA will track. With 20 moa bases and other rings its a crap shoot. Plus your not going to get ring marks on a new high dollar scope.

gkgeiger
08-12-2016, 03:59 PM
My 2 cents - a EGW 0 base with Burris XTR signature rings. The inserts supplied with the rings will give you up to 40 moa just by using inserts and your not going to find a scope that can use that much unless its a SWFA. If your scope will let you mount the rings 4.75 center to center the MOA will track. With 20 moa bases and other rings its a crap shoot. Plus your not going to get ring marks on a new high dollar scope.
I was just getting ready to post that I bought an EGW mount 0 MOA and Burris XTR Signature rings. How about that? ;) Oh, and I'm using a Weaver T36 XR scope.