PDA

View Full Version : thumbhole stocks

chetc
08-11-2016, 05:58 AM
about the thumbhole wood stacks for the model 12FV, i may have missed some but i see there are a few, looking for some input on which would be more suited for bench shooting, like which has the widest forend ect, and can be ordered without special ordering and having it made.

Chet

ps i am still thinking of the B&C 2997 but afraid the palm swell area may be too large.

sharpshooter
08-11-2016, 08:30 PM
Thumbhole stocks are not that well suited for bench rest shooting. Typically the grip is too high and there is too much angle on the toe, not to mention you have pull your thumb out of a hole to cycle the bolt. When shooting off bags, the grip is not that important, neither is a palm swell.

chetc
08-11-2016, 11:11 PM
thanks for your input Sharpshooter, i sort of had the same idea, on the other hand i did have a Choate tactical for a few days and returned it, the palm swell was so large, it was so uncomfortable, that is why i am thinking the B&C 2997 tactical/varmint, and as Honch mentioned it can be fit in the grip area. i think the palm swell area is smaller overall than the Choate.

Chet